The Lotus Cars Community banner

1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dash worked well until today. I connected Oiltemp and pressure an chanched some settings. After i quit the settings, the charging symbol showd up upon the normal screens. Aufter a restart, the display remains black. I disconnected the power. After a restart, the display shortly glows blue, and remains black.
The charging sybol still appears, when the doors ar open, but no screen.

Hardware V2
Software 3.97

Is there an error in the settings i have done? Can i reset the dash so undo my settings? Any ideas?
I even can´t enter the Settings!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reading of your dash issue brings up recent memory of the same or similar issues.
Same as your experience my dash would have very intermittent functioning. No wifi etc. Only the 3 red LED on the right would light.
I did have to return the dash to the company home office in Wales.
The dash was returned with upgraded firmware and is operating.
Use the support email address to contact them. Detail the issues in a note in your email and include same info in the shipment box.
It will take a few months and multiple emails. Ughhhhhh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reading of your dash issue brings up recent memory of the same or similar issues.
Same as your experience my dash would have very intermittent functioning. No wifi etc. Only the 3 red LED on the right would light.
I did have to return the dash to the company home office in Wales.
The dash was returned with upgraded firmware and is operating.
Use the support email address to contact them. Detail the issues in a note in your email and include same info in the shipment box.
It will take a few months and multiple emails. Ughhhhhh
Awwww, thats awful!
Hopefully, i will get a fast response.

·
Registered
34 Posts
More to the point, has he reinstated the screens removed by 4.45.

Cheers.
I misread your post so installed 4.48 today expecting to have the Race and Race3 only to find they're still missing :D More frustratingly, the oil, battery and EML warnings have been moved to the bottom on all screens where I can barely see them :poop: The vshift parameter also seems to have gone meaning I can't adjust them either :(

Is there a library of software updates and more importantly is it possible to go back to a previous version ?
I successfully downgraded from 4.48 to 3.97 with no problems. It reinstated all settings including the missing Race screens that I cycle through (y)

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
@COL111R I asked Alec about downgrading from 4.48 to 3.97 and he didn't recommend it. I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the latest version. I typically run the Race2 screen.

Later,
Eldon

·
purveyor of lightness
4,123 Posts
After an intense up/down/up/down/left/right video game session I now have a version of my old Race screen back again but the startup "battery" mileage indicator is in KM and the new dash screen is in MILES. I sent an email off to Alec asking him about this. Excuse the dusty screens - it's been sitting for quite a while now :)

Edit: Hmm. Seems like Water temperature is in C as well.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
After an intense up/down/up/down/left/right video game session I now have a version of my old Race screen back again but the startup "battery" mileage indicator is in KM and the new dash screen is in MILES. I sent an email off to Alec asking him about this. Excuse the dusty screens - it's been sitting for quite a while now :)

Edit: Hmm. Seems like Water temperature is in C as well.
So, is this the new "Race" dash? Would you show pics of the other options? I would like to see them before I upgrade.

Thanks,
Eldon

·
purveyor of lightness
4,123 Posts
I'm also not happy that my bottom right AFR has gone away and that the text justification for FUEL is on the left and not the right. There's also enough room for the "URE" in Pressure but that's being picky.

The other stock S1/2005/2008 screens seem to be the same as before with the inclusion of that quite busy "Dragon" screen from earlier in the thread. I'm not going back into that selection screen to take pictures with the fear I may never return ;)

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I'm also not happy that my bottom right AFR has gone away and that the text justification for FUEL is on the left and not the right. The other stock S1/2005/2008 screens seem to be the same as before with the inclusion of that quite busy "Dragon" screen from earlier in the thread. I'm not going back into that selection screen to take pictures with the fear I may never return ;)
Thanks David. I understand your hesitation and don't blame you. It's the same for me about upgrading.
Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
33 Posts
the display of my ic7 keeps turning off, i have been in contact with alec (who responds very quickly) and i have sent my ic7 to him as he asked, i am curious what is going on with my ic7

·
Registered
76 Posts
@garw you mentioned in a post from a few months ago that your support address ([email protected]) gets a decent amount of spam. Is this still your preferred method of contact? I've sent two emails without a response. Just wondering if they got lost in a spam filter. I can PM you if that's preferred.

1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts