The Lotus Cars Community banner

1701 - 1703 of 1703 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
@jon_bondy The display uses the speed from the ECU and does not have GPS. If you download the firmware from Garw's website, it will have a change log in the file. As far as the display dimming, you can control the dimming level. Press and hold the button on the right side of the column and the dimming will cycle through different levels. You can also set this value in the setup screen. As far as I know, you cannot change the needle size or color.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
981 Posts
Anyone update from 3.x to 4.x and noticed the race screen (or possibly any screen) reset all values to 0? I do not really have any good idea what I had set up, is there no way to get that back? And if so, is there any kind of basic defaults?

EDIT: Ok I see, its just missing my old race screen. I see an upload section, can we get our old screens back?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Anyone update from 3.x to 4.x and noticed the race screen (or possibly any screen) reset all values to 0? I do not really have any good idea what I had set up, is there no way to get that back? And if so, is there any kind of basic defaults?

EDIT: Ok I see, its just missing my old race screen. I see an upload section, can we get our old screens back?
I updated mine to most recent firmware version earlier this spring (i have an early ic7 for what its worth)... it seemed to keep all dash settings in place except the newer fuel 'buffering' on the 'race screens' (defaulted to 0 or 1 & would fluctuate the fuel readings real time when sloshing around). so I changed the value to 5 & it keeps the readings to a much more normal interval. the different screens did default orders but i was able to reset the race screen back to my main one & configure the others i wanted as my alternates in the options.

I've had only 1 random issue with the dash that happened a few times where it wouldn't boot when starting the car (this was maybe in the first few months after install?) & its never happened again after pushing through a few of the early firmware updates (initially support thought it might be a hardware failure, but I kinda spaced out sending it back for repair & havnt had a problem since lol)

I know others have posted issues on the forums but I have nothing but positive experiences with my early gen ic7. its really been a great upgrade & also a much needed upgrade since my stock dash failed (which isn't that abnormal for factory 05-07 dashes).

I dont have a reverse cam setup & havnt had configured my oil temp sensor yet but if anyone has any other user questions about the dash feel free to ask & I can do my best to help or at the very least compare my setup to yours if you need a reference point with settings & such

1701 - 1703 of 1703 Posts