The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elise had a rip on the fabric bolster on the driver’s seat. I found a shop that agreed to do a repair adding leather in place of that fragile fabric.

I didn’t want to get rid of the original leather so that the seats would still match the red of the interior. I thought I’d share the results as idea for anyone else suffering with the same problem. It’s a cheaper solution than getting new seats or complete reupholstery.

Attachments

·
Old Dude
2005 Lotus Elise touring, hard top, Starshield
1,326 Posts
Considering that WAS my car for over 16 years until you took it away from me last month, I’m delighted with how you’re treating my baby. It’s embarrassing that I never saw that tear behind my seatbelt. You did a great job with your repair choice. The seats look so much better. Lotus should have used leather there to begin with. Additionally, your detailing of my car is superb - it looks better than I was ever able to keep it and far better than it came from the dealership.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering that WAS my car for over 16 years until you took it away from me last month, I’m delighted with how you’re treating my baby. It’s embarrassing that I never saw that tear behind my seatbelt. You did a great job with your repair choice. The seats look so much better. Lotus should have used leather there to begin with. Additionally, your detailing of my car is superb - it looks better than I was ever able to keep it and far better than it came from the dealership.
Thanks Craig!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hi there, it's Jonny from Instagram! Looks great! I can't Wait to get your scraps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.