The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elise had a rip on the fabric bolster on the driver’s seat. I found a shop that agreed to do a repair adding leather in place of that fragile fabric.

I didn’t want to get rid of the original leather so that the seats would still match the red of the interior. I thought I’d share the results as idea for anyone else suffering with the same problem. It’s a cheaper solution than getting new seats or complete reupholstery.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering that WAS my car for over 16 years until you took it away from me last month, I’m delighted with how you’re treating my baby. It’s embarrassing that I never saw that tear behind my seatbelt. You did a great job with your repair choice. The seats look so much better. Lotus should have used leather there to begin with. Additionally, your detailing of my car is superb - it looks better than I was ever able to keep it and far better than it came from the dealership.
Thanks Craig!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.