1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
305 Posts
Okay, I think everybody understands these lists aren't to be taken seriously. They're pretty much just to get people arguing on the interwebs.

But, really... a Cadillac station wagon? A Ford F-150?

"The well-rounded auto bucket list should embrace the full spectrum of automotive types."

That sounds suspiciously like a clarion call to put some other cars on his list. How about an AMC Pacer? None of the cars on his list are like that one, so I'd say he messed up. Having both an Escalade and a Land Rover on the list but not a Pacer is just wrong. Ditch the Land Rover and replace it with the Pacer.

I don't have a bucket list, but if I did, only one or two of those cars would make it. Camaro? Mustang? Corvette? If you're a car guy, you've probably driven all of those. And if you really want to, just bop on down to the local Chevy or Ford dealer and drive them, scratch them off the list already. Sheesh. It's not rocket surgery.

I have a short list of cars I'd like to drive. And I can't just head down the road and drive them all in an afternoon. But I'm working on them. I want to drive a Ford GT. I want to drive a formula car on a race track. And I want to drive an Exige at Spa Francorchamps. I think I can do all these in the next three or four years.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the list intended to be cars which people could actually afford; not cars which carry 200K price tags.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
CTS-V wagon is amazing, with the Recaro and manual trans. But what middle class person can afford a new CTS-V?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The CTS-V wagon and M3 are actually currently on my radar.
The F150 seems way out of place.
The T-rex should have been a Morgan
Ariel Atom should be on it.

I had no idea a Camaro could be 50% more expensive than a Vette.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah the F-150 is an odd choice. Morgan Three-Wheeler would definitely have been a classier choice than the T-Rex. But mostly I think it's woefully incomplete because there's no Caterham.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah the F-150 is an odd choice. Morgan Three-Wheeler would definitely have been a classier choice than the T-Rex. But mostly I think it's woefully incomplete because there's no Caterham.
While I agree, a pickup is something people should drive. But not a newer one.

At one point I bought a 1986 Toyota Pickup truck. It was a complete hoot to drive. Didn't give two ****s about it. Then the engine blew up 2 weeks later. #3 rod through the block. Put in a junkyard engine, 45 miles later, #3 rod through the block. Sold it.

Damn if it wasn't fun though!

These kind of bucket lists I can kind of agree with. Every type of car has its unique traits, and I think life is too short to be stuck on one type (especially one brand). I know on my short list of easily attainable cars to own at some point is:

- Porsche Cayman (had a boxster before the Elise)
- Older mercedes S600 v12 (cause why not)
- Tuned BMW 135i

Already had the truck, the cheap commuter, the porsche, the tuned Subarus, blah blah blah. It's fun. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't really get the American fascination with the pickup truck... and I'm American. I've owned a couple in the past, and out side of when I was kid and we owned horses, it's been more a pain than anything. I sold the last pickup about 15 years ago and haven't looked back. Now I'm SUV and trailers. It's easier to load/unload the bikes off a trailer, easier to haul construction materials, easier to drop the trailer loaded and drive away. Loading a mower, hauling hay, it just keeps going.

Now that said, when I was young and we had the horses, we had a large gooseneck trailer, and frankly, nothing past a 1 ton pickup was pulling it.

The rest of that list is hit and miss... A Subaru wagon would knock out the stupid caddy, and could be tweaked as a rally car. IDK why the Evo and STI are on the same list, so much the same car.
I'd drop the Escalade as well, and swap the Rover for a Land Rover HSE, actually, a HSE is on my list of next cars.
The old TRex with the ZX14000 engine was pretty crazy, the new one... eh.
Tesla has a Roadster I think looks amazing, but that one is more practical and looks like a Austin Martin... Sorta
Zonda needs to be on the list.
I've always, always hated Corvette. I mean HATE HATE, HATED Corvette. I've always thought of a Vette as the American lives in a trailer park, watches NASCAR, missing teeth, tobacco juice running down the chin, drinks sh!77y American beer, drives a Camaro, but one day, dreams of a Corvette. Hated Corvettes... I love the new Stingray. That car is just freaking gorgeous. I'm sure I'll be tired of it in a year when there are 9876567890 of them running around Owasso, but for now, I think they are beautiful.
I'm assuming by that rant you can see what I think of the Camaro; just lump the Chumpstang in with it.
GTR has gotten to be to much IMHO.
Love the M3, it's also on my list of cars to have, though the HSE will probably be first.
My list would have a Ferrari on it, either a F40 or 355, prefer the looks of them, and that F40 is supposed to be a beast.
The crazy exotics, Lambo, Koenigsegg aren't realistic for me.
I'll add Dodge Tomahawk, yeah, it's not a car, but, neither is a T Rex. I just have a need to run 300 mph on a bike at least once. Being a Chrysler, after once the transmission would probably need to be rebuilt anyways... with that thought, I've covered the Viper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts