The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been posted already then EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

But the current duPont Registry Exotic Car & Accessories 2005 Buyer's Guide I just bought at Kroger at lunch has a nice full color Nightfall blue listing on our baby. Dimmit has an add with a Saffron car.

Some excerpts:

"Performance is little short of mind blowing: 0-60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 140. And the kind of handling most race cars would be proud of. The steeering alone brings new meaning to the word precision........will make every Sunday morning blast along a twisty road feel like you're competing at LeMans."

Great photography - someone please post a good color scan - I can't.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
140 mph? I was just there the other day and she still wanted to go!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
pinmagic said:
The 4.4 seconds figure came from the July 2004 Car and Driver comparision between the Madza Speed Miata, S2000, Mark II, and Caterham Seven. As I recall, the published 4.4 second and 1.06g on the front cover of the magazine.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8202

With a modest curb weight, 190 horsepower, and short gearing (a 4.53:1 final drive), the Elise can scoot: 4.4 seconds to 60 mph, 12.0 seconds to 100, 13.2 seconds at 104 in the quarter-mile.

It’s quick on its feet, too, the most seductive of this car’s dynamic traits. The steering is quick and informative, grip is abundant—the Elise was the skidpad champ at 1.06 g, thanks to its Yokohama Advan A048 tires (part of the $2480 Sport package)—body roll is essentially nil, and the car communicates every move to its driver at a level that’s almost telepathic. There are no surprises

·
Registered
347 Posts
grudkin said:
The number keeps getting lower. Funny how that works. Pretty soon it'll be in the 3's. Maybe we can attribute that to improving technology;)
It will need to get into the 3's to accelerate with a lot of the cars in this issue. There were even a couple (or at least one) that was in the high 2's.
On the other hand you could get a handful of elises for the cost of one of these :)

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Clyde tells me that the top speed is limited to 150, but if ungoverned would go higher.

BTW, does anyone have Clyde's email address at LCU?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This registry could easily be several months old - I just haven't seen it before and haven't seen anything posted on it or I would have bought it long ago. There's so much activity on this site that it's easy to miss stuff. If this is old news then again .......... EXCUUUUUUSE ME :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
cerven said:
If this has been posted already then EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

But the current duPont Registry Exotic Car & Accessories 2005 Buyer's Guide I just bought at Kroger at lunch has a nice full color Nightfall blue listing on our baby. Dimmit has an add with a Saffron car.

Some excerpts:

"Performance is little short of mind blowing: 0-60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 140. And the kind of handling most race cars would be proud of. The steeering alone brings new meaning to the word precision........will make every Sunday morning blast along a twisty road feel like you're competing at LeMans."

Great photography - someone please post a good color scan - I can't.
Saffron Elise photos
flooded the front page of the September issue of duPont Registry.
Also, 3 more photos and article on
page 46.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right - got the regular duPont Registry with the Elise on the cover right away but must have missed this Buyer's Guide - thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts