The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little back story here, I had to move and left my car with my sister in storage for close to 2 months. The battery died, but was trickle charged back to strength. I had left the car with 3 fuel bars remaining (no light warning) and my sister just drove the car and added a bit more gas to it, but the low fuel light warning refuses to go away.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
First I would fill it up all the way. The if it doesn't go away the fuel level sensor is probably bad. You have to remove the gas tank to get to it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I would fill it up all the way. The if it doesn't go away the fuel level sensor is probably bad. You have to remove the gas tank to get to it.
Okay, I'm in the process of getting the car shipped my way. I'll fill her up all the way and see if it will remedy itself. It's strange that the fuel gauge works, but the low level warning light is stuck on :huh:

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
The battery could still be low.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had my low fuel light "stick" on once. I pulled the sensor (float) out of the tank, couldn't find anything wrong, put it all back together, and it has been fine since.

I think my float may have jammed. (I don't have a theory on how, though.) It is a bit of a pain to pull the sensor from the tank.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks for the input gents, I'll figure out what's wrong next Saturday.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes so the ecu could reset.
Okay, I'll try that too. Does the immobilizer need to be disabled before disconnecting the battery?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts