The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
13,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got the Elise back after my first expenditure for cosmetic reasons. I'm more of the spend money on handling or performance mods kind of guy. Kay was gracious enough to give me a PPF replacement and ceramic treatment for my last birthday and in true procrastination I waited a year getting it there.

I had removed the PPF myself which the shop guys were aghast at and actually received two offers to pull PPF for them which I declined. Funny I re glassed a Buhler tank and fender years ago and was up the street from them at a custom paint shop and after the manager saw my work called all the employees out to see it and then offered me a job as head painter. LOL I politely declined saying this was a wedding present for a friend and I just was stopping by to get a cost of what they would charge had I charged for it. I think he was ragging on his employees that a walk in could do better than them lol.

Prior to the detailing I spent the last month going over maintenance details including engine oil, trans fluid, brake flush and went ahead and installed a Mishi plate at the same time. Looking forward to quicker oil warm up and higher oil temps. I went thru all suspension components looking for anything contributing to NVR.

This winter I will pull the PPF on front clam, gouge and refair the adhesive reaction "eyebrows" and repaint front clam and after a cure have PPF on front clam replaced. At that time the Stebel horn will go in, I'll inspect all previous AC upgrade work and look for anything that could contribute to rattles. Dash will be pulled and I'll be looking deep in the middle dash up at windshield for what drives me FN crazy on certain roads.

The satisfaction of being able to work on the Elise knows no boundaries especially as I age, those boundaries are shrinking rapidly...

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
1,041 Posts
Great writeup! Thanks for sharing. It's fun when "novices" (in their minds) do better than the shop guys. I suspect it's because we're working on OUR cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts