The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

I am looking for any recommendations for an Elise trusted mechanic somewhere in the Vicinity of Westminster. I do not mind driving a ways for quality work. My own experiences at Criswell and all the stories I have heard coupled with the fact that I am of course way out of warranty - are leading me to find someone elsewhere.
I found a performance shop to change my rear tires last year, only to learn that they never removed the undertray before placing on a lift - luckily everything still went smoothly - and at the time I did not know this was a requirement.

My point is I want someone who knows what they are doing.
Currently, my car is making the not uncommon clutch-related squeek that some of you may be familiar with - possibly cured with a lube to the fork pivot point, but I am going to have someone do this for me as I have no access to a lift or anything.
Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Forgive me as I know similar threads have been started, although not to my specific area.

Thanks in advance

-Will

·
Registered
992 Posts
I just PMd you... I think Behe Performance is very convenient actually. Not that I drive that way too much so I dont know traffic. But other LTers have had good experience there after I started posting about how good they are.

·
Registered
476 Posts
BEHE, and tell them Ross and Snuggles (don't know your real name :)) sent you. They do great work, honest, and tell you how it is with no BS. They aren't cheap, but quality is worth the price IMO.

They are also like 10 miles from you straight off 97 S

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
The last really good Lotus tech Criswell had was Albert. He's been gone over a year now, I believe, as he started up his own shop in Frederick. Ken (bull30) uses him for all his work, and swears by him. I was pleased with him when he was wrenching for Criswell.

Contact Ken, he'll get you Albert's contact info.

Heard nothing but good things about BeHe too. I met Mr. Behe a few weeks ago at Holy Donut, and talked a bit. He knows the cars fairly well, and clearly is serious and professional about what he does.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all for your info. I just e-mailed Behe to set up an appoinment. It will be a load off to know someone trust worthy is finally working on the car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got the car back from Behe yesterday - they were able to come up with a way to access the clutch fork and pivot point to get some grease in there and cause my "problem" (premature wear on the throw out bearing) to cease. Hopefully I will be good for a while. I was pleased with my experience there and thank you all for the recommendations. Goodbye Criswell, hello Behe Performance.

btw - they showed me a seriously beefed up '88 turbo Volvo wagon running 35 pounds of boost... you could have eaten off of the engine bay it was so clean... still a 2 ton Volvo, but a big A for effort...

·
Registered
992 Posts
ha! thats what i noticed too! that place is spotless,,, shows you attention to detail. (or that they charge so much they can hire a crack cleaning staff! LOL)

anyway, gonna drop off my car after race season and see what my options are to get more performance outta snuggles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts