The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the October issue of Motor Trend, they interviewed the Chairman of Volkswagen Bernd Pischetsrieder and here's what he said while talking about his Ferrari Enzo:

"I love my Ferrari Enzo. The Enzo at maximum speed drives like a sport sedan at 120mph. It's by far the best car on the market in terms of aerodynamics. On a winding mountain road, it's maybe too big - a Lotus Elise is best for that - but it's still fabulous."

Great company to be compared directly to a car that regularly sells for more than a million dollars!:clap:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
LITEW8CRAZY said:
In the October issue of Motor Trend, they interviewed the Chairman of Volkswagen Bernd Pischetsrieder and here's what he said while talking about his Ferrari Enzo:

"I love my Ferrari Enzo. The Enzo at maximum speed drives like a sport sedan at 120mph. It's by far the best car on the market in terms of aerodynamics. On a winding mountain road, it's maybe too big - a Lotus Elise is best for that - but it's still fabulous."

Great company to be compared directly to a car that regularly sells for more than a million dollars!:clap:
I believe the Enzo's MSRP is only a 'paltry' $650,000, so let's keep things in perspective.:eek:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: Elise mentioned by Bernd Pischetsrieder of VW

Ridgemanron said:
I believe the Enzo's MSRP is only a 'paltry' $650,000, so let's keep things in perspective.:eek:
Isn't Enzo ownership by invitation?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Sounds like he IS a real car guy after all. I was pretty pissed at him when he announced that Audi would be eliminating the RS car program..

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: Re: Elise mentioned by Bernd Pischetsrieder of VW

Ridgemanron said:
Yes but have you ever looked into actually buying one? If you do you'll find out that you can't get one at MSRP if you're one of the special long time customers. The current going rate is around $1.2 million.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
babak
Yes, ownership was by invitation only, when you COULD purchase the car directly from Ferrari. They are not producing the car anymore.
Derek is correct and what I was referring to, the market right now is around $1.1 - $1.2 million if you want a car. "List" price was $650,000, but I've never actually seen a car listed for that price. Just check out www.autoweek.com. They usually have three or four listed each week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts