The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I was, sunny lovely day here today, going to meet my parents for lunch. Thought, hey its a lovely day I'll take the Lotus.

I'm driving down my street and I feel something falling down on my lower legs? It was just a light sensation so I didnt think much of it, I thought it was my pants feeling funny or something. So I came to the first stop sign and all of a sudden I felt the same sensation but ALOT harder. I was like WTF...so I looked down and what do I see? BIRD SEED raining down on my legs from under the dash.
I turned the corner and heard seed rolling from one side of the dash to the other. I stopped again and yet another fountain of seed rained down on my legs.

I immediately knew what had happened of course. I did a real fast stop and ALOT more seed came down but I havent gotten it all out. I dont know what Im going to do.

I dont like killing things but this CANNOT go on anymore.

I purchased bird seed and put it in the garage last monday. The car has been sitting for about 5 days. This mouse has been BUSY.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I turn corners more seed falls down. I dont know how to get behind the dash?

I wonder if I should just go out on a really agressive twisty run and hope it all comes out?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seed is behind the dash. I can vacuum all of it out that's on the floor, its what's behind the dash rolling around and not dropping down that bothers me.

Dyson is cool but I dont like bagless vacs :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent yet spotted the mouse. For all I know he was sitting up in the dash enjoying the ride. :)

Since he chose the Elise, I prefer to think its this mouse.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
You gotta get rid of the mouse by hook or crook. Besides causing mess and stink, they can damage the car with their indiscriminate gnawing.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
OFL,

catch the litlle bastard quickly, god knows what he might decide to "chew" around and inside your car. :huh:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I know :(

So far all the lights and buttons work and nothing seemed amiss. Im hoping that all it did was store food and hasnt gotten down to making a nest yet. My dad had a mouse make a nest in his mercedes and it used his seat stuffing and heat wrap from under the dash and also chewed some wiring.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A couple of mice moved into my vette's engine compartment once while I was storing it. Someone suggested to tie up some mothballs (put them in a rag then tie up the rag) and hang them in a couple of places around the engine (but not anywhere where they'd catch fire) to keep the mice from comming back. The clieanup was easy (vac'd up the engine) and the mice did not come back. Thankfully the mice did not get into my passenger compartment; sorry to see all that seed OFL.

-doma

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,871 Posts
Time for a dead mouse.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol.

I feel bad though. We've had mice in the garage before but they dont come in the house we have multiple cats. Since they left things alone and just stole seed I never minded them too much. But I agree this HAS to stop.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
doma, that got me thinking. I wonder how they go into my passenger compartment? I did leave one window down a crack.. I wonder if they came in through the window OR got up into the car from the underside somehow. :eek:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Couldn't you just flush him out with a garden hose? :confused:

;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
How would they get in from under? I know they get through the smallest holes but how would it work its way inside?

I too do not like killilng things but this has to stop for the reasons above. Any chance of leaving your cat loose in the garage for several hours a day? To act as a deterrent and run the critter out? I can also loan you a greyhound who loves to chase little furry things.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
GEt one of those traps that doesn't hurt them, lures them into the box, closes on them, take and relocate the mouse to another area.
Chris

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.