The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I found out I had a mouse living in my Elise.

I had the air conditioner service bulletin done on my car today, and when the tech removed the cover, the mouse took off. :eek: He had made a nest under the passenger side cover 0 but it doesn't look like he did any damage. Tomorrow I get to pull the covers and wheel liners and check/clean things out. The
Decon and mouse traps are going in the garage to.:thwack:

I had them a couple of months ago in my back yard tool shed living under my lawn mower. I got them out of there, but apparently instead of moving off into the woods, they moved up to the house...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
BrianK said:
If I had mice under my lawnmower, I don't think moving them to the woods would have been my first choice for disposal. :D
You mis-understood. I didn't humanely move them. I got several in an old fashioned mouse trap. Then I added moth balls in the storage shed, and that helped. Finally, I put rat poison pellets in the shed and then I had no more mouse problem (I figured they quit coming into the shed from the woods).

Now the garage is going to get lots of mouse traps and rat poison. I may rescue abandoned raccoons, and injured birds, but I show no mercy with the rodents.

My wife found it rather funny, that after I had told here about the mouse, the new issue of R&T arrived, and she read Peter Egan's most recent column. She thinks that Peter and I have a lot in common, and many of the things that he's gone through, I've gone through. Then yesterday's event and yesterday's column...;)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I spend a large part of the weekend taking apart the front of my car and removing the very large amount of fiberglass insulation that the mouse had moved into his living quarters. He packed the area under/behind the wiper motor and down toward the heater ducting behind the radiator. The fiberglass insulation appears to have been "borrowed" from some exposed batting in the garage.:mad: I also had to search the Elan to make sure that there was no evidence of mouse in or around it (there wasn't). The garage is now liberally "seeded" with rat poison and several traps - no mercy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts