The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Curious which one people like more...modified 2005 taillight (non-LED) or GRP (V3)

Elise (MY 2005) - Poll between Modified Taillights (non-LED) or GRP (V3)

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Teddybearcup 
#1 ·
As crazy as it sounds, I'm torn between the look of my modified factory 2005 taillights (non-LED) and the GRP (V3). So I was curious what you all think?

Here's a video that show my modified factory taillights on the left side and the GRP on the right.

And here's a video that shows the complete look of my modified factory taillight.

Sorry for the low resolution video. Anyhow, let's see how many of you like the classic look compared to the modern look. :)

#2 ·
One thing I did before I got GRP V3 tails was to swap the inner and outer tailights of my factory '06 LEDs. For a while that satisfied my desire to improve the tail lights. It is a super simple mod and I rather the outers light up brakes applied.
When the GRP V3 tail lights came out, the one feature I really liked was how they all lit up when brakes applied. As opposed to just two lamps lit.

Also when parking lamps are on, all 4 rear lights are lit for GRP V3.

I still really like the classic '06 LED look but overall the GRP V3s win for me. They are a nice improvement over the factory LED lights.
I still keep my '06 LED factory lights. Its easily placed back in if you ever have the desire to have the classic look. Perhaps try them out for a while while keeping the stocks around.

#5 ·
I have an 05 with the non LED tail lights. I lived with them for 6 months before I got the GRP V3 LEDs. The GRP lights really update the look of the car as the original tail lights really date the car. Since the change, I have had several people come up to me that thought it was a brand new car. They were shocked when I told them it was an 05. I never had comments like that with the older style lights. I know a lot of people like the stock look of the originals but they just werent for me. Another thing that was mentioned above is the safety aspect where all 4 of the GRP lights illuminate with the brakes engaged and also are lit when the headlights are on. That is a big plus for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.