The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had my car less than a week and it has become an extension of my thought process. I have 3 kids and I am raising my niece as well, plus we have a dog. The Elise is my new 6th child!

People ask me why did you buy that car?? I just tell them I've always wanted one and love it... They don't get it. I get the 'midlife-crisis' jargon tossed in my face.

I got up the other day and thought as I was showering, maybe I have time to wash the green machine before work. So I gave my Elise a bath in the early AM just so she would be sparkling on the way into work. Did it need a wash? Nah... well maybe there was a fine layer of dust on it, so YES!

I'm also constantly lurking around here, making decisions about the stereo, the new interior seats, taking the long way to where ever I'm going, thinking about the curvy 2 lane roads to go places for dessert or coffee that I've never given a thought about before the car. I think if this car was the head of a religious cult, I pretty much drank the cool-aide Jim Jones style. rotfl

Right now she is getting all her fluids changed out while I'm waiting in a cafe like a soon to be new father outside the delivery room. Good times ahead!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pics would be nice to see that Elise ;) Anyway congrats man and have fun!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Good stuff.

As I mentioned on the other thread, you should 'register' for our Gumball Rally on 5/5-6. It will be up near Madison, Wi. To TRULY get the feel of your car, you need to do spirited drives with others - twisty roads, speed, etc.

We'll have a ton of cars (maybe 20 plus). Great way to meet the local crew, drive your car in the best way possible and to see the mods we've done (we've all done many!).

Another thing you may want to consider - you said 3 kids (plus niece), so 4. Not sure of their ages, but they WILL want to go for rides. As you know, under 12 and front seat is a no no because of the airbag. You may want to do the 'passenger airbag disable' mod. I had a local stereo shop do (same time they did my stereo) and it's a wonderful mod. Use a key to turn off the passenger airbag while the little ones are in the passenger seat. Now I can drive one of my 8 year old twins with no concerns.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my co-workers insists I be around for her 50th birthday and that I give her a ride in the car. Her party is the same day as the rally, so I am not sure I can snake out of this party to attend.

My youngest is 13 so I think I'm ok with the air bag always on.

I have my Nikon in the car and am just waiting for it to clear up so I can take some awesome sunset photos of the car.. that golden hour is the best for pictures.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good on you MadisonArt...! Isn't washing an Elise just too much fun? The best tasting kool-aid in the automotive world, imo. I always tell the mid-life crisis folks that my crisis has been active since the early 70s... and pity them as the clamber into some uninspired overweight vehicle. they will never know the beauty of tactile steering and true handling. Long Live Lotus. "Jinba Ittai!" (oneness between horse and rider.. ooops, that's the orignal Miata design brief.. but they did take that car from the Elan and it's said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts