The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

just spent time observing a orange elise parked in a local business establishment here in illinois. i've never cared for orange coloured automobiles, but this one looked good. it appeared to be a non-metallic orange. the most beautiful elise i've seen so far was a non-metallic yellow one. question? why did lotus drop all the standard colors (besides red and BRG) metallic yellow and metallic orange are not attractive colours, in my opinion.

joe

·
Registered
291 Posts
"Colors"

I thought all of the paint options except Standard were metallic? CO is still available and it doesn't look metallic. Wish they still had SY though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Orange

hello,

just spent time observing a orange elise parked in a local business establishment here in illinois. i've never cared for orange coloured automobiles, but this one looked good. it appeared to be a non-metallic orange. the most beautiful elise i've seen so far was a non-metallic yellow one. question? why did lotus drop all the standard colors (besides red and BRG) metallic yellow and metallic orange are not attractive colours, in my opinion.

joe
Unless that car was repainted it was Chrome Orange which is a metallic orange.
Bruce

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless that car was repainted it was Chrome Orange which is a metallic orange.
Bruce
hello,

i recently visited Fox Valley Motor Cars, in West Chicago. they have a new elise in crome orange on their showroom floor. it looked metallic. the one i saw yesterday didn't. now granted the lotus dealers showroom was filled with floursent lighting, the one i saw here in rockford illinois was outside on a cloudy day. but i spent several moments walking aroung the car- it really didn't look metallic. but you guys know lotus, so i'll assume the clouds and possible need of a car wash made it look non-metallic.

still looked smashing. and yes i know it's "color" not "colour" just putting a british flavour on it :panic:

joe

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
hello,

i recently visited Fox Valley Motor Cars, in West Chicago. they have a new elise in crome orange on their showroom floor. it looked metallic. the one i saw yesterday didn't. now granted the lotus dealers showroom was filled with floursent lighting, the one i saw here in rockford illinois was outside on a cloudy day. but i spent several moments walking aroung the car- it really didn't look metallic. but you guys know lotus, so i'll assume the clouds and possible need of a car wash made it look non-metallic.

still looked smashing. and yes i know it's "color" not "colour" just putting a british flavour on it :panic:

joe
Chrome Orange and Chili Red don't look metallic on a cloudy day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts