1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
95% yes.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
yup... it would be pretty damn hard to fish out the front oil line/fittings with the clam on

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you have patience, and a cutting tool, you might be able to remove it without removing the clam. It would involve cutting the cooler up into smaller chunks in location. You would probably spend more time cleaning up afterwards, than the time required to remove the clam.

·
Registered
92 Posts
100% yes. Not that much trouble; just grunt work really. Sandsmuseum has an excellent tutorial with pictures on pulling the front clam:

www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/experience/.../elisediary0705.html

It's about 4-6 hours round trip..............

The real PITA is getting the old lines out of the sills. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that without pulling off the rather fragile plastic sill covers, which in addition to some screws are glued on..............

·
Registered
200 Posts
The real PITA is getting the old lines out of the sills. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that without pulling off the rather fragile plastic sill covers, which in addition to some screws are glued on..............
I saw or read somewhere where a guy taped the new lines to the old ones and while pulling the old lines out he pulled the new ones through ... but i think he still had to take off the sil covers.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You either have to take the clam off or cut the fiberglass support structure off the backside of the oil coolers.
To get the lines out of the sills, cut the end off the front side of the line and pull really really hard from the back. Its a lot of effort to remove the lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts