The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's wrong with this picture?

EliseOnLift.jpg

If you've ever put your Elise on a lift, you'll know that you need to remove the undertray/diffuser panel to get to the rear lift points. I store my Elise on a lift to save garage space, so to avoid removing the panel daily, I made two aluminum spacer blocks and bolted them to the frame at the lift points. They are 1-1/8" thick and fill the gap between the frame and the undertray perfectly. Quick and easy to jump on the lift! Don't know if anyone else has ever done this or not. Still need o drop the undertray if doing any work under the engine or trans, but saves time otherwise.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's a great idea!

Mine's a 4 poster lift, so I don't have to worry about trusting myself or sealing the garage to keep Murphy from causing some catastrophe.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
that is not the only thing you need to know. ( no it was not my car )

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
or.. you could just buy the rear lift point kit created years ago for our cars - designed by Tesprit, and sold at Monkey Wrench Racing. Done way before - but cool you did it too!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Please take a pic the next time u get the tray off so we can all see your handywork :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
My heart skipped a beat at the OP's pic. I thought you were going to have a QBall moment. :facepalm

Good idea but (maybe nitpicking here) I'm still concerned if your bending up your service panel in some way? If not, then pretty good idea! :clap::bow:

Heading out for a Sunday morning drive in a few...enjoy!:shift:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts