The Lotus Cars Community banner

Elise on BaT!

751 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  IDEngineer
Let's see where it lands!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
IMO That’s not indicative of the market, there was no involvement by the seller and zero questions answered by the seller I think that scared everyone off

· Registered
2005 Elise
412 Posts
I agree, there were multiple things that hindered this one. The phots were adequate, but not near the level of the usual BAT listings (and they conveniently did not photograph the underside of the front clam which pretty common to scrape/damage) . The car has been washed but has not been really detailed. There was zero mention of the status of oil line recall, toe link situation, AC function, camshaft condition, ect. The seller didn't address if there are any issues mechanically or in the paint/body (even as simple as saying "there are no known issues") which is unusual on an 18 year old vehicle. There were not even photos of all 4 wheels. There are some records of service history in the carfax, but no regular service is discussed in the listing (if I am being picky I would bring up that this listing only shows 2 oil changes in 18 years/23k miles). There is starshield visible on the rear clam but not on the front, so was there an undocument accident?...

I think with this and then add on that the seller didn't really interact at all led to a poor example.

I'm just giving my thoughts on this and addressing what the shortcomings were on this listing. Ideally this will to help others that are thinking about using BAT in the future.

· Premium Member
1,665 Posts
I agree, there were multiple things that hindered this one. The phots were adequate, but not near the level of the usual BAT listings (and they conveniently did not photograph the underside of the front clam which pretty common to scrape/damage) . The car has been washed but has not been really detailed. There was zero mention of the status of oil line recall, toe link situation, AC function, camshaft condition, ect. The seller didn't address if there are any issues mechanically or in the paint/body (even as simple as saying "there are no known issues") which is unusual on an 18 year old vehicle. There were not even photos of all 4 wheels. There are some records of service history in the carfax, but no regular service is discussed in the listing (if I am being picky I would bring up that this listing only shows 2 oil changes in 18 years/23k miles). There is starshield visible on the rear clam but not on the front, so was there an undocument accident?...

I think with this and then add on that the seller didn't really interact at all led to a poor example.

I'm just giving my thoughts on this and addressing what the shortcomings were on this listing. Ideally this will to help others that are thinking about using BAT in the future.
Completely agree. Seller shot himself in the foot on this auction. The photographer really didn't provide enough photos of known vulnerable areas.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This car aside, which was a shame, I think the market is still speaking that people don’t want to pay more than $45k. Look at the other auctions. The good ones aren’t even selling for what the owners think they’re worth.

· Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
1,238 Posts
I suspect that seller was not a "Lotus guy" or "car guy". Folks who hang out here know what questions will arise, know to post those answers and photos, and know the sale process is interactive. This felt like a "car owner" who was just selling, period. List the car, wait for sale, collect the money. That puts off buyers of cars like these (including me) so it went nowhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts