The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first posted this in "Interior/Exterior" but it barely even got viewed, so I have a feeling that is the wrong forum for my question. (Moderators please feel free to delete that post.)

Anyway,

Does anyone have (or know where to get) CAD drawings for either the Elise or Exige? I've seen the 3ds model download on turbosquid, but are there any others? That one is somewhat pricey (though I woulnd't mind the price so much if the 3ds Max software wasn't so expensive -- $3.5k!!!). Even non-3D drawings would be fine, as I'm mainly after accurate dimensions in all three planes.

TIA,

-Winston

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
the old S2 111S, but the same for all intents and purposes (click for bigger versions):

edit: if you happen to find a more detailed 3D model, please let me know - I'm in the process of modelling the suspension in a package that is not necessarily the best for modelling - a royal PITA.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Brian. If nothing else, these will be a great starting point for my own CAD efforts. I'll let you know if I find some completed files. Barring that, I'll share my own with you when they're done!

-Winston

·
Registered
804 Posts
Lotus CAD drawings in calendar

The 2005 Calendar from Lotus Engineering, available on the corporate website, contains many engineering CAD drawings, concept pictures, and computer renderings of the Elise. The calendar contains a lot of detail and some interesting things can be inferred by looking at the pictures. There is even an Elise dune buggy like car where the glass top slides all the way back above the engine compartment, similar to the Porsche.

I have scanned in a bunch of the pictures that I liked and am cleaning them up now. I will publish a sample when I get a chance.

Here is a sample, and while not a CAD picture, it appears the rendering was from CAD data...

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed, a plan view drawing would be nice. Anyone? :)

-Winston

·
Registered
804 Posts
as I said...

I strongly urge anyone interested in doing some 3D modeling to get the Lotus Design calendar from the Lotus Store website. There are a series of 3D drawings, including plan drawings.

The attached is only a portion of what appears on one month's page. I need to extact the back image and also combine with the rest of the car. My scanner only covers a portion of each page...

Michael

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.