The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that a lot of us will be getting things added that do not come from the factory but instead from the dealer.

From Roadfly
There is a range of dealer fit accessories under development including; additional driving lamps, high intensity headlamp bulbs, stone-chip protection kit, sports exhaust, alloy sill kick plates, front lower lip poly scuff guards.
I know I'll be getting the stone guard and sports exhaust (Not sure if it will add any HP but one would think it should).

They don't even mention the Cold Air Kit. I've been told it will add another 10 - 15 Bhp. I think there will be a lot of takers for this also.

So by the time you're done you could easily be north of $50k for this car:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My dealer has taken my order today, standard color, sport suspension, hard top, transportation, tax it comes to $48,012.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
James A said:
My dealer has taken my order today, standard color, sport suspension, hard top, transportation, tax it comes to $48,012.
Yeah but you haven't received it yet and the dealer hasn't pitched you any of the accessories/ dealer options. Things like driving lights, air-kit (15 Bhp gain) or sports exhaust. What about stone guard or will you just live with the paint chips?

Still lots more to cost you money.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
What does the stone guard look like? Any pics? And how much does it cost? No sense getting it if it costs more and looks worse than a couple chips :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm guessing the stone guard is the same as the 3M Invisi-bra material. It's a clear, adhesive plastic sheet that get stretched to fit the contour of the car. If it's offered, I'll likely buy it.

Bob K.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rtking said:
I'm guessing the stone guard is the same as the 3M Invisi-bra material. It's a clear, adhesive plastic sheet that get stretched to fit the contour of the car. If it's offered, I'll likely buy it.

Bob K.
I pretty sure it is the Invisi-bra. When install correctly it doesn't look like you have anything on your car. It's a must have item if paint chips will bother you.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
FYI January Motor Trend has a 1 page write-up on the clear bra.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Lumn,
Amazed a US company already has a kit available for the elise. They'll have to change the access panel portion though as this has changed on the fed. car.

Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
There is 1 area on the car that really benefits from some protective tape... The sills underneath the doors all the way from the front wheel to the rear wheel.

These look like they have been grit-sprayed on my car. Complete crater landscape and bare fiberglass.

The 'nose' and related bits dont get nearly as much stone damage.

Oh well.. At least it doesn't rust and it's not too visible on yellow paint :D

The fiberglass is white, so it *will* be very visible on dark cars.

Doesn't bother me. I'll just get it re-sprayed in a few years or so..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Arno

I'll be getting a yellow car, as well. It sure looks good on the Elise. Clear bra film for the sills should be inexpensive and quick to install.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Hadn't thought about the door sills. That's good to know.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Of course, for the really bad chipping fears, I had wondered whether I could get the sills and the edges of the wheel wells covered with Rhinolining. :D
That ought to prevent chipping and would stick with the black trim look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts