The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all folks who have an Elise already: Do you have any insulation that I can hide a wire behind? I am thinking of installing a homelink rear-view mirror in the Elise and possibly running wiring to power the V1 also. Is it possible?

Bob

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Bob.
The front windshiled does have a cover piece at the top, it bolts on, which is removed to put on hardtop, you should be able fit it there.
Chris
Ummm....Is that correct? There IS a large header piece above the windshield, but you remove it when you remove the hardtop. It's not used when you have the soft top on. So when you're using just the soft top, that piece isn't there, and there's nothing to hide the wire behind, IIRC. Can someone else confirm?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I did not examine the header carefully but the A pillar has no removable trim on it. You can probably squeeze a wire between the windshield and the A pillar, but I do not think it will be as easy (or even possible) to create a totally hidden wiring job for the V1.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Is there any satisfactory cordless (battery) radar detector on the market? Last I checked, they were all inferior receivers. But if you can't run wires..

Right now I'm inclined to mount it on the back window center.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've never heard of a good cordless detector. i like the back window idea as long as the radio won't cause false laser alerts.

another issue I spotted is running a wire from under the dash to the A pillar area will be tricky. Usually the dash ends right at the door, but this car has the wide sills and that creates a different arrangement in that area.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for checking Chris. Thanks for all who responded. I guess I'll be using Velcro to hold the remote to my townhouse complex and garage! :p

Bob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
There is plastic trim that you can hide the wires behind. I know because I looked as I am thinking of hardwiring my V1 also. This will help avoid killing my battery by leaving the V1 plugged in by mistake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts