The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
go for it... Elise parts is the best for customer service.
and you do not get stuck the proprietary set up that sector sells.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
IMHO you are better getting them here in the states. The cost of shipping would be high enough to kill any savings

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMHO you are better getting them here in the states. The cost of shipping would be high enough to kill any savings
Oh really? Where would I get them in the states?? The cheapest 2-piece rotors that are sold in the states cost $1,250 without shipping! I can get four for $750 and shipping will only be $100 tops...

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go for it... Elise parts is the best for customer service.
and you do not get stuck the proprietary set up that sector sells.
Oh, and thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear they are a good shop for parts!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO I would use boe disks. Also if you read the description they are not recommended for cars with over 190hp.
You mean their $1,300 rotors?

I did read the description which is why I am asking others for their experience with them. Haven't found a thing anywhere good or bad...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
If one never checks then ^the statement^ makes sense, but in reality it is not too expensive to ship things, and their shipping is pretty quick.

Buying+Shipping from the UK is usually cheaper than buying within the UK, as there is no VAT from the outside; so the landed cost is similar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
+lots for Eliseparts. Great prices and service is second to none. Quality of their parts cannot be faulted.

I'm running their full floating brakes front and rear.
315mm front and 295mm rear.

·
hello
295 Posts
Email them if you have questions. Elise Parts are very quick in responding. I have ordered parts from them that arrived faster than items ordered within the state. However, when I got my quantums I had to pay taxes and the order was delayed. So keep that possibility in mind.

Not sure why you want 2 piece rotors, but I would be checking with them on why they are stating not for over 190 bhp or racing. Another good priced rotor suggestion is the DBA 4000s. Of course when you have folks from Australia using the AP racing ones over DBA than not much more can be said ��

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Email them if you have questions. Elise Parts are very quick in responding. I have ordered parts from them that arrived faster than items ordered within the state. However, when I got my quantums I had to pay taxes and the order was delayed. So keep that possibility in mind.

Not sure why you want 2 piece rotors, but I would be checking with them on why they are stating not for over 190 bhp or racing. Another good priced rotor suggestion is the DBA 4000s. Of course when you have folks from Australia using the AP racing ones over DBA than not much more can be said ��
Good news is I have all winter to find what I want and to wait for parts to arrive so shipping isn't a big deal.

The reason I am looking at these is their price is about the same as the DBA4000's, they are lighter, and look to be a small upgrade. Like you said when they don't recommend them for applications with over 190 HP does make me ask questions... I wonder if they really mean "hey don't put it on your race car that has over 190hp", or "hey 190hp is the limit regardless of application". If it is the first I am not concerned. My car is only going to see 2-3 track days next year (I hope). If it is the latter, well time to walk away!

Thanks for your input guys! ...sounds like I may need to get in touch with them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its more a case that if you have a 200bhp race car on slicks or a 300bhp on 888s and you spend most of its life on track then theses arnt really the best thing for you.

I have them on my s1 running 220bhp and thats a track car only and they are perfectly fine.

Only time you need to go above them is racing to be fair.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So figured I would follow up on this subject... I sent an email to Elise Parts about their warning and here is their response:

Thanks for your email.

Our Lightweight Brake Discs are standard diameter fast road/occasional track day discs, we advise to use larger AP discs if doing heavy track use.

The larger AP discs can handle the extra heat generated by high HP cars used mainly on the track.

If you are only doing the very occasional track day I'm sure they will do the job.

I would advise to use RS42 Pagid brake pads, they will be the best for you usage with the Lightweight Brake Discs.

Kind regards

Ian

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
havnt bought brakes from eliseparts, but bought a full suspension setup & my experience with them was one of the best (for being in another country & all)

shipping arrived much faster than anticipated too

·
Registered
327 Posts
+lots for Eliseparts. Great prices and service is second to none. Quality of their parts cannot be faulted.

I'm running their full floating brakes front and rear.
315mm front and 295mm rear.

What's involved in using the 315mm disc and the standard AP caliper? looks like an excellent product.

·
Registered
327 Posts
thanks for the pics Mark. Do you have to switch to 2 pots on the rear or do spacers work with the factory brembo caliper as well?

These are very tempting. If I do the rough maths though, works out being about $3500 AUD for front and rear delivered?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im running the front 2-pots on the rear. These can be spaced out using spacers.

I've also go the single pot calipers on the rear for the handbrake function only. but these cannot be spaced out with spacers as they are not radially mounted.

A few mm of the caliper bridge needs to be machined out for clearance. Alternatively you can run a 290mm rear disc which will fit the single pot rear caliper with no modifications.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd like to come back to the 200 or 190hp limit eliseparts sets for their lightweight discs:
The description of ep says that the discs have better heat dispersion and are better at all compared to oem discs. But oem discs are on cars with 260hp.:shrug:
I really would like to know if there are any safety concerns with the ep discs?
Moreover i can't imagine that the ultra discs of sector111 can handle more horsepower than the ep ones. Ultra discs are even lighter...
i would buy the ultradiscs but shippment and all taxes almost double the price.

·
Registered
327 Posts
^^ That's a valid question. I was looking at using that disc on the rear of my car (which has 280 HP +) but was unsure because of their statement about 190HP. I figured the rear does much less work than the front so have emailed them for an opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts