The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garage clean up time! I have some leftover engine swap parts that are just taking up space: MAF sensor, intake with throttle body (DBW, and was stored outside, sun-bleached), ECU, I have some of the engine harness including ecu plugs, I should have the O2 sensors but havent located them yet.
Misc parts: cobra alarm brain and siren, alpine speakers with grills (are they from 07+, or just the yokahama special edition?), the alpine deck/head unit (missing trim ring), both half shafts (should that be under engine?lol)

Stereo stuff I was just going to put on craigs list, but figured Id check to see if anyone was trying to get back to factory first. Like I said Im not sure if the alpine setuop was facory or just a one off. Pickup is fine, I can ship stuff but at your dollar, offer me a reasonable price, e.g. beer money for the speakers.

All parts are from my 2007 Elise (Elige?) with the n/a 2zz, it was a yokahama prize car to my knowledge.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked for the parts people asked for and found them all plus the throttle pedal DBW, catalytic converter, injectors, injector harness, coils, main and ac relays (ac relay did melt on one fan pin), coolant bottle.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have question about the a/c relay. There is one that is on top of front fender liner, controls a/c and radiator fans... is that the part you have with bad pin? ... or do you have that part?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thats the blue one that is melted a bit. I think the damage was more on the connector, but the relay is definitely blackened. The bad connection is usually made by the female end not being tight enough, so its the connector that fails not the relay socket. That said Im sure the heat from the failure didnt help the module, but it may not have actually hurt it. To keep from there ever being a future failure of that connection I didnt just bend the female connector a bit tighter with pliers, but replaced the replay module with three 30a general automotive relays. The ac relay doesnt need to be that big, but the fan relays shoould be

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah thats the blue one that is melted a bit. I think the damage was more on the connector, but the relay is definitely blackened. The bad connection is usually made by the female end not being tight enough, so its the connector that fails not the relay socket. That said Im sure the heat from the failure didnt help the module, but it may not have actually hurt it. To keep from there ever being a future failure of that connection I didnt just bend the female connector a bit tighter with pliers, but replaced the replay module with three 30a general automotive relays. The ac relay doesnt need to be that big, but the fan relays shoould be
That itself is very helpful. My problem is that one morning my a/c and radiator fans quit working. Blue light on dash control comes on when I hit button, but a/c never kicks on and neither to radiator fans. I replaced fuses 14, 19, and C4, but still same problem. New module is $300. I thought it talked to ECU. Can you PLEASE tell me how you fixed with the 3 relays, and does all work as normal? I am in south Florida and I need to fix as overheating will happen plus I use a/c on way to work. Its my only car and I really got to fix is asap. Hoping this will fix it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you check the relay easily? Look for burning or melting? Im pretty sure I got to mine through the pass side radiator louvers, I do have a picture of the occurrence. Mine is engine swapped with a honda engine though and the wiring is a bit different. I just looked and the stock versoin uses 3 relays just for the fans so it has a low speed and a high speed. The honda ecu just has a single speed output. If the large connector isnt melted, can you back probe the blue/grey (low speed) and blue/yellow (high speed) wires on the small connector with a fused ground signal? The fans should turn on at those speeds. I have a pic of my burned plug (when it was my fathers car), that only made one fan fail, I think, it might have been both.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have the DBW throttle body and accelerator pedal, intake manifold, main relay, both O2 sensors, 4 coils, injectors and harness, cobra alarm brain and siren, and the ac/rad fan relay that is melted a bit.
ECU, coolant bottle, and cat are sold.
20200611_192122.jpg
20200611_192140.jpg
20200611_192244.jpg
20200611_192315.jpg
20200611_192327.jpg
20200611_193211.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts