The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed any of these anodized aluminum grill replacement sets on their Elise?

Elise Parts - Bodywork & Styling - Exterior Trim - S2 Grill Replacement Set

If so, what is your experience with them? Is the quality, etc. good? Are there any other places online that something like this can be purchased? I like the look of this style grills on the Exige and the later model year Elise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Has anyone installed any of these anodized aluminum grill replacement sets on their Elise?

Elise Parts - Bodywork & Styling - Exterior Trim - S2 Grill Replacement Set

If so, what is your experience with them? Is the quality, etc. good? Are there any other places online that something like this can be purchased? I like the look of this style grills on the Exige and the later model year Elise.

Thanks!
I have the front grill set. It is pretty thin, but makes it light and easy to work with. It comes with a type of adhesive that you glue to the clam, but I didn't use it. I found that unless you trim them down a little you cannot get them very deep into the opening. I made L type brackets and attached them to the clam, then screwed the grill to the L bracket. That way I am able to remove the grill at any time, and did not have to remove to clam at all to install.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
From what I have heard is that having to trim them down is common. Also need to be very concious of linear orientation. Getting them lined up evenly from side to side is very crucial and time consuming. But on the upside, they look great when done!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. So, it sounds like they're pretty durable, etc.? My front clam has to be replaced and figured I'd just have the body shop replace the OEM grills with these.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Cool. So, it sounds like they're pretty durable, etc.? My front clam has to be replaced and figured I'd just have the body shop replace the OEM grills with these.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
In that case go for it, its pretty cheap compared to the other options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts