The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experiences with this hardtop?

When I emailed Elise Parts, they were very friendly and informative so now I'm looking for customer opinions and experiences, especially on this particular top.

Some of the things Elise Parts told me:
  • Copied from O.E.;
  • It's wet laid so the fiberglass and carbon fiber version weigh about the same;
  • It includes all the metal hardware pins and clamps;
  • Does not include the rubber seals (but they may not be needed?)
  • It include the forward trim panel;
  • They were unable to provide any info on the rear clamping trim panel.
Price seems to be about $1500 shipped for the fiberglass version. Not sure about tariff but I think it's about 2-1/2 percent.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Geary is a great guy, prompt response, an equal enthusiast and definitely has a strong trading reputation throughout the world. Not to mention, great prices direct from UK.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed by his products. If he has a concern, he will no doubt raise them directly with you. Reputable traders do not drop bombs and walk away with no responsibility once the money is received.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Purchased half may car from them.... +1 for Geary. I am surprised that the shipped price is so low. I was going to buy a wind screan but it was just too big to ship for a reasonable price (shipping was going to be more than the part.) Double check the shipping but if it checks out then have no reservations. Their carbon and fiberglass stuff is top shelf.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That looks great! All I'd need is a supercharger and intercooler to actually "need" something like that on my N/A Exige. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts