The Lotus Cars Community banner
181 - 200 of 1799 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Looks great! Haven't seen too many cars with that color. To nit pick: watch out for that harness - it looks like the type that is not designed for that seat. You know it better than I, but typically a harness needs a flat back or through-holes. Probably not the topic for this thread, but if you haven't already, do a little research before heading to the track. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks great! Haven't seen too many cars with that color. To nit pick: watch out for that harness - it looks like the type that is not designed for that seat. You know it better than I, but typically a harness needs a flat back or through-holes. Probably not the topic for this thread, but if you haven't already, do a little research before heading to the track. ;)
I took the harness out about a week ago actually in order to put this in.

Haven't hooked it up yet. I will soon though! :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
*Sorry for the giant pix

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Do S1s count? Below are a few of my favs. 1996, totally stock. First and only street legal S1 Canada. If you want to see more:
Lotus Elise Series 1 - YouTube
I drove a European-spec 1999 S1 years ago when LCU had one here for evaluation. I thought at the time it had a great chassis that was begging for more power. I kind of prefer the S1 styling over the S2, but I must admit the S2 has grown on me.

If it didn't upset marital bliss, I'd like to have one (legally imported) some day if the 25 year grey-market rule in the USA is relaxed to the proposed 15 year plan. Not sure about a RHD car, though. I reckon that you could buy and import a nice S1 for a reasonable amount.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I drove a European-spec 1999 S1 years ago when LCU had one here for evaluation. I thought at the time it had a great chassis that was begging for more power. I kind of prefer the S1 styling over the S2, but I must admit the S2 has grown on me.

If it didn't upset marital bliss, I'd like to have one (legally imported) some day if the 25 year grey-market rule in the USA is relaxed to the proposed 15 year plan. Not sure about a RHD car, though. I reckon that you could buy and import a nice S1 for a reasonable amount.
Yeah, the power issue and styling preference over the S2 are certainly two of many things that have been discussed to death... it really is subjective in the end. I didn't realise it was a 25-year rule in the US. It's only 15 here in Canada, but there has been talk of it changing due to the fact that there are so many Japanese RHD s***boxes coming over. I don't mind RHD (lived in the UK for several years:UK:) but dream of having a LHD at some point. I know they can be converted, but that's extra $$$.

Marital bliss? :up:

181 - 200 of 1799 Posts