The Lotus Cars Community banner

1261 - 1280 of 1447 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C
849 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. The wing is from the 2011 Elise and the gas door is all carbon fiber and purchased here form another member.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dang...looks like a great road and great topography for driving, in general. Where was this taken?
In the San Francisco, CA, area (East Bay between Milpitas and Sunol if you want to look it up) a road called "Calaveras Rd" about 15 miles of many turns, and it's pretty empty. Very exciting!
See:

However the twistiest part of the road is just 6.2 miles (aka 10km) long.

Notice how GoogleMaps claims it takes 16 minutes (that's an average of 23mph - but I'd guess most people I passed were doing 20mph). I went back to my dashcam and I see I did that section in 11m20s (an average of 34mph) - the fun of a car that can corner like it's on rails ? - I did pass a couple of people, when I came up behind them they kindly let me pass as the earliest opportunity, so if they weren't there I'd be a be a little bit quicker, also if it was one way I'd not have to slow down on the many blind corners.

·
Registered
105 Posts
@brytee, I went from calaveras to sierra (right turn at the fork instead of left) almost every friday and that same road you took every month or so. It's nice to see a local lotus owner taking the same road :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
New owner here! I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, purchased from the board's classifieds from a very nice gentleman in San Diego. Lovin' it! Will be doing some autocross occasionally, so I've fitted the GPAN3 and some DBA slotted rotors/more aggressive pads, and adjusted the pedals for easier heel/toe. Also, fresh Rotella T6 oil and Redline MT-90 gear lube. New wheels (silver Rota Torques) are back-ordered, but I already have the Potenza RE-71R tires. Has the Touring Pkg and both hard and soft tops.

Here it is on day of purchase, with seller's new Exige in the background. Tool kit's on the engine cover, as we pulled off the wheels as part of the PPI.

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4798.jpg

1261 - 1280 of 1447 Posts