The Lotus Cars Community banner

1281 - 1300 of 1308 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts

Still working on my various improvements & enhancements. Will be done in time for summer weather. This will be my fourth Elige and will be strictly a street car. I know what to do........

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
View attachment 1260826
Here is my 2006 275HP Force Fed Turbo Lotus Elise! My YouTube channel is Mitch Dore. If you want to see more details on car!
Congrats on the car! Now get your busted clam fixed! Like I stated before you need a few more pieces to make use of that Exige clam you picked up.

I see you have a new channel up, nice. I'm the guy with the Evora and Elise you've seen near Snoqualme/i90. My Evora had a couple cameos on your old channel. :) See you around once you are up and running. Let me know if you need help with the car.....well at least after this COVID goes away. Just PM me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Completely custom made via modifying the stock parts (cutting away the louvers, sanding, fiberglassing, shaping the mesh).
Ah nice work, it looks great! GRP has a carbon fiber one that is similar that I've been considering instead of the exige style scoops. It seems kinda expensive though. I love the cup 250 one that has a single slat but not sure if that is possible to source and if it is I expect it would be way too expensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the San Francisco, CA, area (East Bay between Milpitas and Sunol if you want to look it up) a road called "Calaveras Rd" about 15 miles of many turns, and it's pretty empty. Very exciting!
See:
View attachment 1259217

However the twistiest part of the road is just 6.2 miles (aka 10km) long.
View attachment 1259218
Notice how GoogleMaps claims it takes 16 minutes (that's an average of 23mph - but I'd guess most people I passed were doing 20mph). I went back to my dashcam and I see I did that section in 11m20s (an average of 34mph) - the fun of a car that can corner like it's on rails ? - I did pass a couple of people, when I came up behind them they kindly let me pass as the earliest opportunity, so if they weren't there I'd be a be a little bit quicker, also if it was one way I'd not have to slow down on the many blind corners.
Back in February I was heading to Thunderhill for a 2 days event with the Lotus on single axle trailer. Thursday evening, traffic was bad on 880 / 680 and GPS indicated it was 90 min faster through that road.
I had driven it before, some corners are very tight for 2 cars but I knew traffic was minimal so I gave it a go, obviously ignoring the no trailer sign at the entry. BIG mistake. The first 1/3 of the way went fine but suddenly I started to see a lot of cars coming the opposite way, drivers shaking heads at me and waving. Eventually I ran into a massive traffic jam and learnt that the road was blocked couple miles ahead by a truck that couldn’t go through a turn. No cell reception so Google didn’t know about the road block and kept bringing more cars in, with the sun setting and hundreds (maybe 600-700 cars?) gridlocked : a total disaster.
That road has very limited U-turn opportunities, even less with a fricking trailer. So many people told me I was f...ed ? and I started to freak out when it got pitch black and no one could move.
eventually (1h30 later) everyone got to turn around somehow, and I found a decently leveled turn to unhitch the trailer, turn it around and re-attach it alone in the dark. I probably lost couple days of life expectancy due to the stress caused by the episode... Lesson learnt! I didn’t mind the 680 traffic after that ?

Photo taken earlier the same day:

·
Old Dude
5 Posts
2005 one owner. I joined EliseTalk in 2003! And was very active until my Elise was delivered March 2005. Then I just drove and stopped wishing and drooling.
2B3183DF-81CE-4BDE-8CAF-C7D3C74245A6.jpeg

Attachments

1281 - 1300 of 1308 Posts