The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I've had my 06 Elise a few months now and loving it! I've experienced a few of the typical challenges like the passenger door rubbing the clam, window rattling while down (still haven't fixed it) and the boot leaking (have not fixed this either). Despite these challenges i'm still really happy with the car. I noticed a rattle a few weeks ago close to the front passenger side tire that 'clicks' while the wheel is spinning. The clicking speeds up or slows down depending on how fast i'm going. Weird thing is it stops clicking when the break is applied....and...it isn't noticeable 100% of the time. (more like 80%)

I tried searching for rattles and fixes but have not been able to find another post with a similar issue so i apologize if i missed it. I pulled the front tire off and spun the wheel by hand trying to recreate the clicking but no luck. Nothing appears lose in the wheel well. My guess is the break line moves a little when the break is applied and pushes against something that is making the clicking.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts