The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dows anybody knows when is the Elise going to be redesigned again? I read couple of years ago that the new Elise might be ready for 2011...If this is true the current model will only have 2 yrs tops before start looking old.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm curious as to how the 2+2/2+0 Evora will play into the scene of the new Exige/Elise.

And what will power the new Elise/Exige with the intro of the Toyota 6cyl into the Evora?

What a great time we live in!

Either way, I have another 939xx miles to go before I get rid of my Beauty.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
No. The Evora is not a subsitute or a replacement for the Elise. It's too heavy. The Elise and Exige will be the light weight, performance first cars. The Elise/Exige would be like the Porsche GT2 and GT3 while the Evora would be a four seater Boxster.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Three models.

Elise/Exige Similar philosophy to now. Lightweight trackable street car.
Evora More of a GT cruiser. 4 seats (or two with optional folding hard top).
Esprit Supercar.

Elise/Exige was due for a redesign in 2011.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hey, the Boxster's a good car. :) Actually, I guess I should have said Cayman since the first Evora will be a fixed roof.

Randy, you said "was" schedule for 2010/2011! Has the next generation Elise/Exige been pushed back?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hey, the Boxster's a good car. :) Actually, I guess I should have said Cayman since the first Evora will be a fixed roof.

Randy, you said "was" schedule for 2010/2011! Has the next generation Elise/Exige been pushed back?
I have no reason to think that. I just only know what Roger Becker said and that it is not unusual for schedules to slip (this is Lotus!) and that the economy impacted most of us doing any development work.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Three models.

Elise/Exige Similar philosophy to now. Lightweight trackable street car.
Evora More of a GT cruiser. 4 seats (or two with optional folding hard top).
Esprit Supercar.

Elise/Exige was due for a redesign in 2011.
Wasn't the Esprit designed to be a bit more luxurious though? I understand the Evora as a GT Cruiser, and the Lotus. But I know it's supercar-ish, but what would you compare it to? Like in the modern day.

Btw, I like the new Picture. Orange Rossion Q1. Nice. :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.