The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires come on a new elise? About how long do they last with regular driving? (no track) Can you get run-flat tires for it, or what would be a good replacement tire for regular driving? I did a search but nothing specific came up.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Sport package - Yokohama A048's - about 5-7k street miles
Non sport - Yokohama AD07's - about 10-12k street miles I think

almost $1k to replace a set...

will code for tires :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you get run-flat tires for it, or what would be a good replacement tire for regular driving? Get the same thing or?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ummm I dunno what 2 say about the run flats I guess it might be possible to get some for the Lotus but.... I really wouldn't do so. They are really heavy (I'm not even talking Lotus weight weenie talk I mean really heavy) and would greatly affect the ride and handling. Runflats are also quite expensive probably similar 2 good performance tires, u have a fill-a-flat in the trunk anyways. It really depends what ur priorities are: comfort, noise, life, performance. If u want long life and comfort I'd say get sum all-seasons if ur looking for performance with decent life something like the RE01's, F1's or T1R's would work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ummm I dunno what 2 say about the run flats I guess it might be possible to get some for the Lotus but.... I really wouldn't do so. They are really heavy (I'm not even talking Lotus weight weenie talk I mean really heavy) and would greatly affect the ride and handling. Runflats are also quite expensive probably similar 2 good performance tires, u have a fill-a-flat in the trunk anyways. It really depends what ur priorities are: comfort, noise, life, performance. If u want long life and comfort I'd say get sum all-seasons if ur looking for performance with decent life something like the RE01's, F1's or T1R's would work.
I didnt realize that they are heavier... so thats a no-no...

any idea on how many miles you can get on the RE01's, F1's or T1R's

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Runflats are also MUCH harder resulting in a much harsher ride. Ask anyone who owns a Viper with runflats...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't get the runflats.

Had sets on two past vettes and it was an incredibly harsh ride. Even some of the die hard vette guys don't run those tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What tires come on a new elise? About how long do they last with regular driving? (no track) Can you get run-flat tires for it, or what would be a good replacement tire for regular driving? I did a search but nothing specific came up.
Might want to take a look at the Toyo R888. I have had Toyo's on other cars, and they make great tires.

Toyo® Introduces a Proxes® R888™ Fitment for Lotus Exige and Elise

If you do a search on this site, you'll find more info; however, they are fairly new for fitment on the Elise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a friend mentioned the runflats... not sure why now.... they dont sound that good from what your all saying and they are super heavy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts