The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Craigy,
Sounds like a plan. We're going over to do the one of the 99 UKP "scare yourself sensible" events. Which is a factory tour and some laps on the hethel track.

I'd love to do the Alastair Mcqueen one on one school but figure I'll save the $$$ for the car, I expect LCU will offer some track schools after the first year or so.

Chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
FWIW the lotus ride and handling guys won the autocar sideways challenge again (5th time out of the 6 times it's been run) - they came first and second.

I'd like to have a pax ride with one of those guys driving....

Gavan Kershaw (the Lotus guy who won) was at a SELOC event in Kent a month or so ago. Nice to be connected!

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you want proper 1-to-1 lotus training, I suggest you do it with Andy Walsh. He's professionally certified to do it in this country (in fact, he's in the top 5% of any type of driver trainers in the UK according to the recert test he did recently). I've done a day with him and I recon it it the most cost-effective upgrade I've ever done (to the driver...)

Even experienced racers go to him.

Just go for it! you'll not regret it.

Craigy

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI Craigy,
But since I don't have a car...... over there???

BTW> I heard about Gavan's success at the event, but no body every posted a vid of it on SELOC.

Wasn't Gavan the guy on the Top Gear show, when the host essentially said the Elise handled like a pig, and Gavin showed him how it's done? That was an impressive bit!
Chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HI Craigy,
But since I don't have a car...... over there???

BTW> I heard about Gavan's success at the event, but no body every posted a vid of it on SELOC.

Wasn't Gavan the guy on the Top Gear show, when the host essentially said the Elise handled like a pig, and Gavin showed him how it's done? That was an impressive bit!
Chris
We can take mine if you'll split in for the tyres! ;)

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
By the way, yes, it was Gavan that showed that lanky pr1ck Jeremy Clarkson how to drive. He was gooning it all over the place, backing off mid corner etc.

Righteous!

Craigy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts