The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Craigy,
Sounds like a plan. We're going over to do the one of the 99 UKP "scare yourself sensible" events. Which is a factory tour and some laps on the hethel track.

I'd love to do the Alastair Mcqueen one on one school but figure I'll save the $$$ for the car, I expect LCU will offer some track schools after the first year or so.

Chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
FWIW the lotus ride and handling guys won the autocar sideways challenge again (5th time out of the 6 times it's been run) - they came first and second.

I'd like to have a pax ride with one of those guys driving....

Gavan Kershaw (the Lotus guy who won) was at a SELOC event in Kent a month or so ago. Nice to be connected!

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you want proper 1-to-1 lotus training, I suggest you do it with Andy Walsh. He's professionally certified to do it in this country (in fact, he's in the top 5% of any type of driver trainers in the UK according to the recert test he did recently). I've done a day with him and I recon it it the most cost-effective upgrade I've ever done (to the driver...)

Even experienced racers go to him.

Just go for it! you'll not regret it.

Craigy

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI Craigy,
But since I don't have a car...... over there???

BTW> I heard about Gavan's success at the event, but no body every posted a vid of it on SELOC.

Wasn't Gavan the guy on the Top Gear show, when the host essentially said the Elise handled like a pig, and Gavin showed him how it's done? That was an impressive bit!
Chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HI Craigy,
But since I don't have a car...... over there???

BTW> I heard about Gavan's success at the event, but no body every posted a vid of it on SELOC.

Wasn't Gavan the guy on the Top Gear show, when the host essentially said the Elise handled like a pig, and Gavin showed him how it's done? That was an impressive bit!
Chris
We can take mine if you'll split in for the tyres! ;)

Craigy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.