The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Stan-is that small mirror SCCA compliant? Sorry, had to ask. I like it, but that's not even in the top ten of things to change for me yet.

****-where's Anjolina? I miss her already.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
the Elise as a track car is probably close to a well prepped Porsche 944.
Palting,

Funny you should say that. There was a well prepped 944 in my group. At one point we were about 15-20 car lengths apart and we must have stayed that way for 4 or 5 laps before the end of a session.

To the best of my knowledge that was not a spec Miata. I really think that if I was driving the car closer to it's full potential I could be in the low to mid 1:40's. This car is a huge change for me and I'm not about to wreck it at the first event. I'd much rather progress slowly and find the limits with a little caution.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,870 Posts
Surferjer said:
****-where's Anjolina? I miss her already.
She was out getting a pack of smokes.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
This is primarily to Randy...I figured out the problem with my camcorder. I am going to the Dragon's Tail tomorrow to record with the ChaseCam placed in the front bumper. A friend of mine who was at the track snapped this pic of me about to blow my top trying to figure out the problem. It was a setting deep in the menu on my camera that wasn't allowing the external input to record to DV. Hope to be sending some ChaseCam video tomorrow night. Any suggestions on the best location of the ext microphone?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Some of the newer camcorders drive me nuts too. I get customers all the time asking how.

Put the microphone down low so it is out of the wind. It will pick everything up even near the floorboards.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts