The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Matthew Braun has registered the Elise S in SS at some upcoming National SCCA autocross events.

I thought it was an ASP car. What does he know that we don't?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
My opinion is:

a) it's not an S. He's just f**king with ya or made a mistake.

b) it is an S and he's just f**king with the SS crowd but plans on running in ASP.

LOL

BTW just got my car back, front end looks like new, all new Starshield, oh my. She's stunning. It hasn't looked this good since the day I bought it:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
They repaired it, but in the end it was probably about the same cost as replacing it. The orginal estimate was 22 hours of glass work, but I think they went substantially over that. They kept finding spiderweb cracks all over the front. I can't imagine how they got there. :rolleyes:

They beefed up the fiberglass, too, so it should stay nice longer. This is a great shop used to working on high end cars, so I trusted them and they came through.

Sorry about the hijack. So yeah, Matthew is f**king with us. There's no intention I've heard of for the SEB/SAC to bring the S into SS this year. Maybe not next year either.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car looks great Jer. Now bring it out next weekend and let's knock some cones down...lol.

The rules state that any car not classed automatically goes to SS. So since the Elise S is not classed as a seperate car then it would fall into SS as either a new "option" package for the Elise or into SS based on it's not being classed, or excluded, anywhere else in the rules.

Me thinks SEB will rule on it before Matthew brings it out to play.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm confused. The Exige versions are on the same line too but have ASP treatment except the NA Exige, specifically put in SS. So does the Elise S automatically go into SS?

If there's a loophole there, Matthew should have waited until right before the event, registered, then devastated the field. That would have been corrected by the governing bodies quickly, but it also would have been funny as hell.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
so, where does that place an after market s/cer elise, whos gone out of his way so it doesn't appear to be supercharged?

SS right?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I don't think TED is correct. I think the SC'd Elise/Exiges are all in ASP.

You don't think a cheater would get caught? ROFLMAO. You'd get tossed at a National event so fast it'd make your head spin. And it would be obvious from the performance alone.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
lol, i would never make it that far! ever! hell last year i earned 3 points between all the clubs i ran with....

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
You going to be at NNJR next Sunday? I'd be happy to help you get faster. I'll be there trying to learn my new car...

·
Registered
494 Posts
so, where does that place an after market s/cer elise, whos gone out of his way so it doesn't appear to be supercharged?

SS right?
No, the kits are not even legal for ASP.

Although I think BWR is working on one that would be legal.

So you go to X-Prepared.

Good luck there ;)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ive never heard of that one... what other cars are involved in x-p?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Any production car, not otherwise classed, and sold over 1000 cars in the previous 12 months will automatically be classed in SS.

The Exige S was not because it was specifically classed in ASP. The Elise SC is an interesting thing. There have not been 1000 cars sold of it in the previous 12 months, if you view it as a separate model car (which I think it is).

There has been some rumored discussion about allowing the SC into SS to fight it out with the GT3 and upcoming Z-06.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
ive never heard of that one... what other cars are involved in x-p?
Unless you are at the higher levels of the sport, the classing does not make much difference as driving ability will trump the car preparation. It is more common in fact, to find the stock classes with more talent than the more modified classes (due to sheer numbers).

Run in XP and have fun. For a good example of XP, look at Fred's BWR Frankenlotus. Major power with the turbo. Gutted car with huge wings.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey, Jay, did you repaint your Exige? According to your autosig, it's "Kyrpton" green. ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Randy is correct: In order to go into SS by default, at least 1000 of that model have to have been produced in some 12 month period. Also, cars that have not been classed explicitly can't compete at Divisionals, Tours, or Nationals. I've heard suggestions that ProSolo may not exclude them, although I don't know if that is correct.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts