The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I spoke to Tony Shute at the LA Auto Show, he said that the aluminum on the floor of the car is only 2mm thick.

I checked my car (late 96 build date) and there was none of the white powder characteristic of aluminum oxidation, so I presume I am good. Don't have a lot of choice in Seattle and all of the trained folks who know what to look for being on the other side of the Atlantic.

alan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ah, my dealer. I am my own dealer. Or, at least, my own service department.

I am in Washington state in the US with an ex-German market car (not obtained from certain individuals in Florida). I have been getting all of my parts directly through LCU (but the guy who took over from Clyde doesn't seem to answer e-mail and I don't know how to use a phone, so I don't know what to do for parts now!). LCU actually sent me the upgraded steering arms for free, but I had to pay for the M16 hub bolt upgrade.

I recently went through a lot of pain dealing with a dead cooling fan motor and chasing air out of the cooling system (uh, and then I misadjusted the front compartment cover and had to figure out how to reopen it). Maybe a service department would have been nice then, but I got to know my car so much better then. And it really isn't YOUR car until you bleed all over it, right?

I have seen folks who seem to get a little self-righteous concerning cars that came here like mine did, but, hey, in a few weeks, I will have had my Elise for 5 years. Just wish I had more time to drive it.

alan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do I ever get to Portland? Sure. I was there yesterday running my VW R32 at the AROO track day at PIR.

As far as driving the Elise down to Portland, the distance is no problem. I drove it down to Thunderhill for a track day a few year ago.

We can discuss this offline, if you wish. My e-mail is [email protected]. I am an officer in the Evergreen Lotus Car Club, so I think I have your e-mail address in some stuff that Tom Miller cc'ed us when you were trying to find a venue to show your car up here.

alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.