The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Need some advice on my Lotus Elise S2 2001 (K series)
The Elise has been in a spray shop for 4 months, just got it back today. It has developed an idling fault since being in the shop.
Just bought new battery, been serviced. Starts great, idles ok but blip the throttle and when it returns to tick over it becomes unstable then cuts out. Drives great as long as you don't stop:evil:

Any advice would be great

Ian

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I don't know much about the K-Series engines but generally speaking, I would primarily check for vacuum leaks, and failing that check the MAF (make sure it's clean) and the air filter first.

If all that looks good, check for good spark (pull the spark plugs and ensure they are clean and not covered in goo)

And if those look good, see if you can get a reading on fuel pressure to make sure enough fuel is getting into the engine.

If it seems like you're getting air, spark and fuel, then the problem could be electrical.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi,
The Elise has been in a spray shop for 4 months, just got it back today. It has developed an idling fault since being in the shop.
Just bought new battery, been serviced. Starts great, idles ok but blip the throttle and when it returns to tick over it becomes unstable then cuts out. Drives great as long as you don't stop:evil:

Ian
It took 4 months for a paint job?

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Ian
Suggest you check the coils which might have used their use by date as the insulation detreriorates and you can get shorting to the block. My old car returned to new when I replaced them. need a set of two .

alan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Used to have similar problems after flat battery. Used contact cleaner on all electrical connections and didn't have any problems anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts