The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Anyone know if this is removable, and if so, how is it attached?
TIA
It is removable. I believe there are 4, maybe 6 bolts THROUGH the body that hold it on.

In other words, if you take it off, you will have holes to fill.

I've got a mounting diagram from the factory around here somewhere. If I can find it I'll scan and post.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Just wondering…..
Using a bracket (or something appropriate) could the spoiler be raised a few inches? This would make washing/drying under it easier and maybe look better. And the big maybe …… function a bit.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Just wondering…..
Using a bracket (or something appropriate) could the spoiler be raised a few inches? This would make washing/drying under it easier and maybe look better. And the big maybe …… function a bit.
Because the ends fit AROUND the car, raising it would actually move where the ends of the spoiler are in relationship to the body and their original mounting points. So.....you'd probably have to drill some new holes for the bolts for the ends. Which of course means you'll have the original bolt holes, which will have some nominal visibility because you've raised it.

I doubt it would look very good, because the spoiler fits around the contours of the body, and raising it would alter how the wrap around ends 'match up' with the contours.

Raising that particular spoiler may not make any difference in function, either.

Best to leave well enough alone. It'll grow on you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I love my spoiler. Just use a soft microfiber cloth to clean underneath the center and sides where it curves around the car. Once a year, remove it and detail underneath. Easy and not a big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts