The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears to me that the Elise SC has the same engine and suspension as the Exige S. It also looks like the Elise weighs 70 lbs less than the Exige S.

So... why would you pay more for the Exige unless you really like the looks more.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Wheels, tires, more downforce and looks are the ones I can think off off the top of my head.

I don't think there will be many 08 Exige S's coming in without the 240 package.
07 Exige S's were intercooled

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, especially if you get the Elise SC with the sport pak.
I forget. Does the Exige S have variable traction control? Perhaps that would be a reason. When you get the 2008 Elise SC sport pak, you get the Exige style pro-bax sport seats, so it becomes more Exige-like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why get either when you can get a Mustang for half the price and get 40 more hp? ;)
No fair. I'd love to have an Elise or Exige if you pay for the other half of it :) I might be in the market for one in another year or two.

Having said that, the Mustang is a fun car. It's simple and it's fun. Plus, there's nothing wrong with an american V8 :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
It appears to me that the Elise SC has the same engine and suspension as the Exige S. It also looks like the Elise weighs 70 lbs less than the Exige S.

So... why would you pay more for the Exige unless you really like the looks more.
Well, back in 2006 the Exige and the Elise had the same 190HP, yet the Exige sold. Enough of a difference there to make it worthwhile to a lot of people.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The suspension is not the same unless you upgrade the Elise to the Sport Pack (standard on the Exige S). The Exige S has AO48 tires which are not available on the Elise for 2008 from the Factory. The Exige does create additional downforce which helps during higher speed directional changes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It all comes down to looks. Both cars are great choices.

100% quote!! :clap: .... it would be soo difficult to decide.... however the exige S is now increased to 240 hp and the Cup 260 is going to arrive in the local dealers...

I think that the main difference is the look, the Exige looks like angry, a car to eat the bends, the SC elise is a little bit more quite in the look but always efficient and exciting too!!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
.... however the exige S is now increased to 240 hp and the Cup 260 is going to arrive in the local dealers...
Ok, first off, in the US the 240 S is a different model that comes with a $3,000 premium over the standard S. The standard S is still 220 HP (218 in some markets).

The Cup 260 is not available in the US and is not road legal here either.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Give me a break!!! :wallbang:
I was being sarcastic and just poking fun at the OP as he owns a Mustang GT right now. But your sig line makes me say "Give me a break" as I could easily count 10 cars that I would rather own and drive than the Elise/Exige if money were no object.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, first off, in the US the 240 S is a different model that comes with a $3,000 premium over the standard S. The standard S is still 220 HP (218 in some markets).

The Cup 260 is not available in the US and is not road legal here either.

Even in Italy is not yet available but is going to arrive and will be road legal (instead of the 255 Cup that was track use only) but actually we don't know about prices...

In Italy the Exige S 240 is sold as Exige S Performance and also here you have to spend about 3 - 4 K euros more than the normal S

1 - 17 of 17 Posts