The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Elise, the seat had been dropped down perhaps an inch. I did not mind that, but the seat no longer could be adjusted front-to-back, so I reverted to stock. This caused the seat to rotate a bit forward, so that I am sitting more upright, which I do not like. So, I expect that I will shim the front of the seat a bit. I wonder if the shims should be wedge shaped instead of flat, and whether a wedge should be placed in the rear, also. Not sure what angle I'm talking about: it will be small.

Anyone else experiment with this?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I raised my seat .75" at the 4 corners for better visibility. I originally used open steel bar stock but they eventually deformed. I replaced it with solid aluminum 1" diameter .75" thick spacers. Others have used stacked washers to accomplish the same effect.

·
Less is Better
2,700 Posts
I just stacked a couple of thick washers under the front end of the rails. 11:42 - 12:07 in my ShiftR video

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
@OP - Sounds like you had the TALLrails on your car when you got them... I love the angle they allow for the seat so I modified a set of the tall rails I had to keep the angle when I mounted the seat on a factory slider (since i'm short...)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Yes, those are the "Down Low" seat rails ( Sector 111) and the stock rails were included with the sale of the car when it went to Long Island.....hopefully you got them...(?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts