The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Using wget to mirror whole 36Mb tree on multi megabit connection takes about a minute. I'd expect no more then 5 mins on typical broadband.

pinmagic said:
How long should I figure it will take to download the whole thing (with broadband)?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Miguel, don't be busy! Just use HTTP retrieval tools and it's a piece of cake.
I personally used wget to mirror entire web tree from their site on my harddrive with all the pdf documents and web pages. Took me about 10 minutes.
I can not imaging wasting my time manually downloading each and every document :rolleyes:

Miguel said:
The manuals are for viewing only and it's a pain to download them :(
pretty much they have to be downloaded by section one by one and there are a lot of sections.

Anyway i'm going to be very busy getting all those pages, and I'll report later.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hmm... Maby they changed the site lately. I had no problem with the right set of command options to mirror it (including Esprit part just in case).
wegt does not really need index.html (in fact it will generate it locally).

Have you looked at this
post for options? Use whatever strating URL you have in your browser once yuo log in.

Miguel said:
problem is that there is not an index.html but a css that links to javascript, etc...

Tried wget already, but I'm looking into other ways too.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sorry! I actually did read it yesterday but somehow thought of lotus site.

Miguel said:
Read my previous posts. This is not for the lotus site, this is for the european Toyota site to retreive the 2 engine documents and the transmission documents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts