The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
sandsmuseum said:
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.
Excellent! That's the same price I paid for my Infiniti G35 manuals, downloaded the very same way.

I did have to write some strange "Acrobat spider" tool to get all the linked Nissan chapters, but the price is fair enough.

Thanks for posting; I'd have never found it myself.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I doesn't look like Lotus uses any funky PDF->PDF links, so you can get them all with a simple spider/mirror tool, like wget:
Code:
 wget --no-parent -r --convert-links --level=99 -nr -N --http-user=your_user --http-passwd=your_password http://xx.yy.zz.aa/amember/subprods/index.html
It's about 36MB for everything. Some of the PDFs are paper-scans, not regenerated from document source, while others are all-digital.

Very odd that the Terms of Service Agreement was something like:
Please read and agree with the following user agreement:
=== PLACE YOUR AGREEMENT TEXT HERE ===
[ ] I Agree
So I did. My inserted terms were very reasonable, I think. :)

For $25/day, it's an awesome find. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The TOYOTA manuals

Has anyone had any luck getting the Toyota manuals from:
http://techinfo.toyota.com/

I paid my $10.00 for a one-day subscription there, and I'm at a loss to find the three that I want:

From the Lotus manuals, they quote:
Toyota Engine Repair Manual B120T0327J $85.27
Toyota Engine Supplement C120T0327J $42.82
Toyota Transmission Manual D120T0327J $25.62
And early posts have crossed them with these Toyota part numbers:
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Manual 1 B120T0327J RM733E
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Supplement C120T0327J RM929E
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Transmission D120T0327J RM930E
But here's the thing -- the Toyota page is organized by Make/Model/Year, not part number. So I found the 2ZZ-GE engine chapters under Matrix and Celica, and while the manual is probably close, they are different part numbers. (RM1108U).

I've tried every model year and combination I could think of, but no exact matches for any of those three manuals appear. It might not matter, but it seems like they should be in here somewhere.

Also, is our transaxle a Toyota C60 with different ratios, or something different altogether?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Do the Service Bulletins fall under the same copyright as the technical manuals? For some other manufacturers (Suzuki?) they are more openly published.

I'd be happy to host them until told otherwise.

I'm not paying $25 to check in for new bulletins..

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
TimMullen said:
Talk them into the parts manual too!!!

The reality is that the on-line manual is a convenience. Not all manufacturers do this. Most would rather sell us a couple hundred bucks worth of paper copies.
Not so.. they do it because they are required to by EPA regulation [Federal Register: June 8, 2001 (Volume 66, Number 111)].
This came in force during 2003 and requires that Automotive Manufacturers make available emission related service and repair information for online viewing along with information concerning training, special tools, and certain diagnostic and reprogramming aids.
This is most easily addressed by simply making the service manuals available. There is also a cap on the fees, though I can't find a reference. I think that $25/day is the maximum.

In any case, for every time Lotus declines a sale, someone somewhere slips a ZIP file by email quietly through the night..

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Here's the thing... Lotus is obligated to make the service manuals, or at least the emissions portions, available on-line. They have no choice in this matter; the EPA requires it.

Your best bet might be to call up Lotus USA and ask why they refuse to comply with the EPA mandate.

Alternatively, we need to find an open FTP drop-box or Torrent tracker site and do their job for them. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
ConeFusion said:
Well, I need the shop manual. I can't wait any longer. So if somebody knows where I might be able to... find a copy of the files, it would be much appreciated. Please PM me if you can help.
You don't make it easy.

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

1 - 7 of 8 Posts