The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
doma said:
That was $25 well spent. The quality of the manuals looks top notch. Praise be to Lotus for such a service!

Incase anyone is wondering here's the current bulletin list as of 6/14...

Technical Service Bulletins - Elise
2004/11 Throttle
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
2005/01 AC Probe
2005/03 Scan 3
2005/04 Lightweight
2005/05 Oil Cooler

Recals
-none

I already see info which should help me with my AC and idling problems.
-doma
Gee, when I downloaded only three of the bulletins were there.
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
Do I have to pay $25 again to get the others?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I didn't realize the 2ZZGE engine was available in 2000 models. I know the 2ZZFE was, but that only had variable time, not lift. Now that you have the engine manual, can you confirm that it covers the 2ZZGE? Do you think it is the latest, up-to-date 2ZZGE manual, or simply the original one from 2000 or 2001?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Does anyone have a current list of the technical service bulletins? My car is due for a 7500 mile service, and I am wondering if I should bring up some of the bulletins. The only bulletins I have actually seen are:

2004/18 Rectification of sticking gear lever lift tube.
2004/21 Hose connection checks on North American Elise with front mounted oil coolers.
2004/27 Rectification of water ingress via sunvisor brackets.
2005/05 Oil cooler fitment change.

I would just prefer to not spend $25 again to find out if there are any service bulletins that I should care about.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
mrldcty said:
I tried to sign up on the tech site to download the manuals. Never could get them to recognize my subscription even after paying twice through PayPal. Turns out their contact email is also not working... ended up cancelling both paypal payments.

Does anyone have a good contact email or phone number for the administrator of the tech web site?

While I'm on the topic, does it strike anyone else as extremely lame that we have to pay for manuals and tech bulletins? Maybe I'm naive, but after waiting forever and spending nearly 50 large for the car, not to mention the fact that the car requires a LOT of mechanical attention, it seems like Lotus is nickel and diming their customers.

Love the car, hate the red tape. Any pointers appreciated!
I had the same problem. I also emailed "[email protected]" and did get a reponse. They are having problems with ther password generator server. They refunded my money through paypal and said to wait for further word for when their server will be fixed. Hence, no access to the site anymore. I am sure they will refund your money as well. They will probably ask you to forward them your paypal email receipts for the payments.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Genjuro said:
What you have to do is:

1. Click on Login
2. In Lost Password field just enter your e-mail address and click: Get Password
3. Wait for e-mail
4. go back to site once it arrives and login using that info
5. select your product and click order
6. pay via paypal
7. go back to the site and you will see under payment history your subscription
8. click on the link that says: 1 day [24 hour] subscription under your subscriptions
9. Enjoy!

You guys are most welcome!
We know how to do it. The problem is the Lotus password server isn't working (they admit it), nor is the email address they say to use for contact. (Unless, of course, they recently fixed it.) They said they would let me know when it was fixed. I got the impression they weren't in any hurry.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Genjuro said:
They told me that it wasn't working either, but I followed a those steps and I got in just fine about 3 hours ago.
Great!! It looks like they fixed it. Do you mind giving us a list of the numbers and titles of the current technical service bulletins?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I had an account, and even used it successfully before. Lotus admitted it was broken last month.

Thanks for the PM.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Russ_S said:
Like a dummy, I tried to get the 24 hour access without reading this thread first. So I paid the $25 on PayPal and didn't get an email with password info, just as others have described. [And no, I don't have a spam blocker enabled.] I emailed [email protected] and, guess what? -- it bounced.

So, who do I contact to get access to the site? Or, should I just try to get a refund from PayPal?

-Russ
I also emailed "[email protected]" and did get a reponse. (Note the different domain name from the one you used.)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Chococar said:
I got this email reply from [email protected] when I tried the same thing:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
70.147.230.180 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] Giving up on 70.147.230.180.

---

Frustrating after paying money to get the manual ...
[email protected] is a nonworking email address. I tried [email protected] and it worked, and I got a reply (and a refund).

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
CALtd said:
Something like:
  1. webmaster took the keys and they don't have access to the server.
  2. webmaster didn't get paid (see #1)
  3. website was hacked and CC info compromised (see #1).
  4. too many tech questions coming from owners reading the manuals.
I think the real reason is that Lotus and the dealers make a lot more profit off the paper manuals. The $25 download is just too cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts