The Lotus Cars Community banner
381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
304 Posts
Done.

San
@oldmansan, I couldn’t actually find which link you updated. The link I was thinking of is the 4th post of uberpost, last bullet under Reference Materials (“Service Manuals are available online for $25”). The uberpost links to a locked thread from 2005, and that linked thread might be a good place to have the updated link for downloading the service notes. That way the uberpost would to lead to a valid link. Thanks!

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
@oldmansan, I couldn’t actually find which link you updated. The link I was thinking of is the 4th post of uberpost, last bullet under Reference Materials (“Service Manuals are available online for $25”). The uberpost links to a locked thread from 2005, and that linked thread might be a good place to have the updated link for downloading the service notes. That way the uberpost would to lead to a valid link. Thanks!
It's under Reference, 19. Lotus Service Manual **Elise/Exige Uberpost READ THIS. Everything you need...

San

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm dangerous now! Just downloaded all service manuals. Should've done this 13yrs ago... Fortunately, the limited upgrades I've done have come with decent installation instructions, even for front & rear clam off work. Plus sites like this, there's not much an amateur mechanic with the proper tools can't conquer... I do love this car!

Reactions: ksm

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I had no issues with the following procedure:

Welcome | VSI

vsic.lotuscars.com
vsic.lotuscars.com

Create an Account (User & PW)
Subscribe ($30 for Day, I didn't want to chance using the $15 - 1hr option)
Enter your vehicle info
Download ALL associated Technical Service Notes
Peruse until your eyes bleed

Hope this helps...

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,240 Posts
Here is the link that Catsair27 posted Elise Service Manual. Just checked the link and it works. Full manual in one big pdf!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
^ That is not the most current...

See here from same thread you're referring to:

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,240 Posts
^ That is not the most current...

See here from same thread you're referring to:

Actually the same link. That is where I got it from. Covers 2004 - 2012 which is most of us!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,240 Posts
That's my point... The single file you downloaded (2004-2012 Elise Exige Service Manual.pdf) is NOT the most current. Follow this link:

Sorry, totally missed the subtle difference. I was providing the link to the free version from 2012 which covers every year of US cars and you were pointing to the link for today's version which costs $25/day for access. You are totally correct, your link is to the newest. :sneaky:

381 - 392 of 392 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.