The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the install of my LETSLA shift linkage, as well as added the extra bolt to the shifter assembly to better to secure it to the tub. Took it for a test drive - shifting is much improved! All gears work smoothly.

But, now the shifter is tilted to the right more than before. When its in neutral, it looks like it would be in the right gate by 5th/6th. Then you have to push it further right to get into 5th and 6th. Its just sort of awkward.

First, I pulled off the center console to readjust the cable lengths. They seemed correct. I contacted the maker of LETSLA to troubleshoot. He told me to retrace the steps, make sure I didnt miss something. I pulled the linkage off, to make sure the rod ends were threaded on the proper amounts on the back of the cables...They are. Everything seems correct.

I can’t quite tell why its positioned the way is. Any other thoughts? I’ve attached a picture of what the shifter looks like while in neutral. Pretty far to the right...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
The kink in the shifter is normal

If the shifter position is different from what it used to be, you ought to be able to move it with the rod end

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,277 Posts
Yes it is normal, if it was straight, it would be hitting your leg all the time.

Are you standing on that weak sheet metal under the seat? You probably only want weight on the ribbed aluminum step area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts