The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering who is running one of those trick, adjustable carbon wings from elise-shop?

Carbon Fibre Adjustable Rear Spoiler for Exige S2 [CFMC10013] - €980.00 : Elise Shop, Performance parts for your Lotus Elise

I don't doubt the fit and quality (you wouldn't want to for the price!) but I haven't seemed to find a mass of pictures, or people using one. Last I read there was only three known of in the US, or something to that degree.

The only person, or pics I've come across, was of this member's old Exige

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/my-exige-photoshoot-73671/

Does anyone have any more pictures or info of someone using one? I love the factory, yet larger look to it.

Cheers

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...THAT many people huh?! :p

I did find more pics while searching for steering wheel info, of all things!

If anyone is interested/for reference.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
One thing I've found about Lotus aftermarket parts, and it probably holds true for the aftermarket market in general, regardless of marque:

A correlation between fit and finish and price is not to be expected. At all. That expectation often leads to disappointment. A lot of times cost is more a function of what the vendor wishes/needs to get for a product based on their costs for what are usually short run, and therefore more expensive to produce, items than it is a reflection of the engineering and quality manufacture of same.

There are some prominent exceptions, of course. In general I've been underwhelmed with the fit and finish of a lot of Lotus Elige aftermarket stuff...splitters, wings, side scoops, roofs included. The now defunct Gull Wing roof is an excellent example of cost not equating to quality fit and finish.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh of course, but I was more meaning it'd want to be for the price. And if it wasn't, it would be going back! I can't even buy a steering boss that hasn't needed days of screwing around with to fit.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
*droooooolll*

This wing looks amazing IMO. Too bad that pretty much anything I want these days seem to cost around $2K...

·
Registered
442 Posts
The wing is awesome!! It's 30% larger than the stock wing so it has more presence without being disproportionate. The adjustability, while I'm not sure of real downforce increases, is cool. The fit and finish is on par with the price (meaning it fits in perfectly and is level). You need slightly longer screws than stock, but those can be picked up from Ace Hardware for about a buck a piece.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
I lust for that particular unit as well... Maybe after Blade 300 !

It's beautiful !!!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Tempting, but blew my (Lotus)budget on alignememt/cornerweighting a week ago :(

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM replied to Mike! :D

I think the wing, a Reverie carbon diffuser and Blade300 would be a great combo to work towards for the next few months :)

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
I have one of the original 3 that was imported a few years ago. I think I read that someone has imported more recently?

Have seen your wing so many times. Definitely one of the best out there.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Cool mate! How do you like yours, and any further piccies?
It's a nice wing considering what I wanted out of it. Something subtle but larger than the OEM wing. It's wet laid carbon so it's not stiff or uniform like a reverie piece. I didn't mind since I planned to have it painted from the start. It's also quite light substantially lighter than the OEM wing from what I remember when installing it. It's funny, I actually purchased my wing from the Exige owner in your first post.

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you want bling, its very nice looking but if you want actual downforce, I doubt this will give you much. You'd have to get a wing from S111 or another vendor that claims the wing gives actual downforce. Nice looking piece though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah it's only the look I'm after, I don't even care for the adjusability. Just that it is carbon and bigger than the standard wing, yet the same design.

Cheers for the info Stale! It's a small forum :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts