The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Elise now for 1 yr. Question is, what is the best way to wash the soft-top? It has gotten dirty. I have the touring, so it has extra padding on the interior. Thanks. BTW, I got to test out the Elise's strong braking this weekend, a white SUV decided to pull out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid collision. I'm pretty impressed, with any other car, I definitely would not have stopped in time.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I've never felt the need to clean the softtop.

Mine is a daily driver that I've had for 3 years. Every once in a while it goes through some rain and that seems to keep it clean.

·
Registered
471 Posts
303 aerospace makes a "top cleaner" product They also make "protectants" for both rag tops and vinyl tops (careful, two different products) ..... I used the 303 aerospace on all my plastics and clear bra and consider them sunscreen for the car.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
+1 on Raggtop cleaner and protectant. Pretty easy to use.

·
Registered
623 Posts
303 aerospace makes a "top cleaner" product They also make "protectants" for both rag tops and vinyl tops (careful, two different products) ..... I used the 303 aerospace on all my plastics and clear bra and consider them sunscreen for the car.
I don't understand the reason for using 303 on the Starshield. Does the Starshield yellow after prolonged UV exposure?

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Might be better off just waxing/sealing your clear film as you would the rest of your paint...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
water. 8 years, and still looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts