The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the suspesnion on the lotus sport elise (the 50 made in 06) is a regular 2-way adjustable Ohlins or is it a better version of the Ohlins?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The two way adjustable Ohlins as fitted on the Elise Sport are valved and sprung specifically for a normally aspirated Elise running A048 Yokohamas.

I just put them and the adjustable front bar on my car. I haven't had it on track yet, but have heard of at least one individual who took off generic Ohlins and put on the Sport setup.

A big factor, too, is that all the set up info for street and track is already there from Lotus! Just bolt them on and follow the guide.

So far, I love them on the street. I backed them off a bit and can still keep my fillings in my teeth!

I got mine from Desert European Motorcars in Rancho Mirage, CA and they were very fair. I put them on myself. The shocks are super easy, the remote reservoirs take a little more work. The sway bar is a little work, but no big deal.

Let me know if you want a set and I will see what they would ship them for, if you aren't nearby.

:up:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Where do you get the guide for setting them up? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I found it online, but email me at [email protected] and I will send you a PDF.

Oddly, I didn't get a copy when I bought the shocks. Hey, it's a Lotus thing!

Understand this is specifically for the Sport Elise setup and not for those sold by Blackwatch, Sector111 or others.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thank you! E-mailing you now... It didn't come with mine either... :bow:

I found it online, but email me at [email protected] and I will send you a PDF.

Oddly, I didn't get a copy when I bought the shocks. Hey, it's a Lotus thing!

Understand this is specifically for the Sport Elise setup and not for those sold by Blackwatch, Sector111 or others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts