The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend in Ann Arbor who is a car guy. He just called to say that a gray Elise passed him (going the opposite direction). He was driving and couldn't get a quick photo ("It was moving at a pretty good clip, but it sounded niiice.").
His hypothesis is that Car and Driver (which is headquartered in AA) might have one. He usually drives through their parking lot on weekends to see what he can see and promises to go tomorrow and report back to me if it is sitting there.
Anybody have any idea what car this might have been? He said that it was definitely S2 body style.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
cool! I hope it's a Graphite Grey Elise and that he can take good pics of it. Thank your friend for me!
Ara

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He'll be one of the first/only people allowed to drive my baby. He'll probably consider that thanks enough...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
There has been an S2 in storm titanium in Michigan for quite a while I believe, because one may have participated in the Horsepower Hollow 100 sports car rally. I'm not sure, but I saw it on Mr. Hogh's website.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Lotus Engineering also has an office in Detroit. I'm sure they have a car they get to blast around in.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Lotus Engineering has a large facility in East Lansing. They've had a number of Elises there over the past years.

Not unusual to see some pretty interesting stuff there. One visit there a couple of years ago there was a Mosler being smog & dyno tested that I was sworn to silence about. I'm disclosing this now in the assumption that my "NDA" is no longer valid since the Mosler is now available (but wasn't then).

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
khamai said:
Lotus Engineering has a large facility in East Lansing. They've had a number of Elises there over the past years.

Not unusual to see some pretty interesting stuff there. One visit there a couple of years ago there was a Mosler being smog & dyno tested that I was sworn to silence about. I'm disclosing this now in the assumption that my "NDA" is no longer valid since the Mosler is now available (but wasn't then).
Are you certain that it's in East Lansing? I've passed a building with a Lotus sign on it in Ann Arbor, but never in East Lansing. If there's a place like that here I'd like to know where (I promise to take lots of pictures).

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Yeah, they're in Ann Arbor.

With all the growth in MI it may soon become southeast Lansing or Western Detroit....;)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
My bad... Obviously DTW isn't my home town... Ann Arbor.

Tim Holland is one of their VPs there. Owns a sister car to my Lotus 41, so we trade lots of war stories and car tips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Ann Arbor and i've seen the Storm Titanium S2 many times. It's usually parked outside Lotus Engineering. The other S2's i've seen outside Lotus are Arctic Silver (Fed), Starlight Black w/ VX220 wheels and Nightfall Blue. Oh, i've also seen a Saffron S1. BTW, Car and Driver just got their car, its Krypton Green. I must say that it looks absolutely amazing in that color. It looks like its been painted with a highlighter. You can spot the car from a long distance. I also had the opportunity to go inside Lotus Engineering. No Elises, just a couple of VX220 show cars, including the original one, a few esprits and a lot of original Mini Coopers. I'll try to post some pics of the Krypton Green.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent! What do you do in Ann Arbor? I'm a graduate student in Lansing.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
originally posted by KAhmed79
Car and Driver just got their car, its Krypton Green.
Great! Thanks for the news! I'm glad to hear that they'll be reviewing a Kermit Elise. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Do you know if it has LSS?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm just between jobs right now. Left my old job because it was too boring. I need a car job now, lol. Oh I forgot to mention that C&D also had a Caterham Superlight, it was Orange with CF Fenders, nose cone, seats, and dash panel. Its a lot smaller than the Elise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reviewing the pics I can confirm that it does have the LSS wheels. Is there anything else to look out for besides the wheels?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
excellent! Thanks a lot for the effort! This color is hilarious! Is the car going to be tested for the next issue? May/June?

originally posted by KAhmed79
After reviewing the pics I can confirm that it does have the LSS wheels. Is there anything else to look out for besides the wheels?
From the outside the rims and tires give the LSS away. From the pics, you can see the AO48s. So it's cool.
Ara

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice going.

Still trying to figure if I have the balls to go with that color. I really like it I am just afraid I will have grown tired of it after 6 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not really sure which issue it will appear in, possibly June. I wish I had my camera with me today. Passed by Lotus Engineering and saw 3 Elises parked side by side.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
>"I really like it I am just afraid I will have grown tired of it after 6 months."

Did you mean to say "6 months", or "6 seconds"?! That's about how long it took me... but like I always say, thank God we don't all have the same taste.

Thomas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you guys notice how bright it is compared to the cars in the background? Thats exactly how it looks on the road. It can't be too good to stare at the car with the sun shining in the background. Believe me, when I was taking pictures after a while the car started looking like Saffron Yellow, lol. Oh yeah, this might not be news but Krypton isn't really a flat color. You have to look at it very closely and you can see that its actually metallic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts