The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving home today with my wife we spotted an Elise parked on the curb. We immediately pulled over to take a look. Shortly after drooling over the car the owner was walking up to us. Luckily the owner is also an enthusiast and was very friendly. Now to the details it is a Saffron with Touring Pack and Starshield.

The owner of this Elise will be joining these forums soon. We were discussing maybe starting some events down here in South Florida. Is there a South Florida Region of Club 111?

·
Registered
156 Posts
tomasp77 said:
As I was driving home today with my wife we spotted an Elise parked on the curb. We immediately pulled over to take a look. Shortly after drooling over the car the owner was walking up to us. Luckily the owner is also an enthusiast and was very friendly. Now to the details it is a Saffron with Touring Pack and Starshield.

The owner of this Elise will be joining these forums soon. We were discussing maybe starting some events down here in South Florida. Is there a South Florida Region of Club 111?
Saw a red one in Aventura last week. Couldn't catch up to it with my lowely A4 (was very far ahead in traffic).

xxxotic talked about doing some type of track event down here (at a track in West Palm).

I'm game.

·
Registered
429 Posts
MOROSO motorsportspark

This is the place to meet. They have a 2.25 mild road course made for the 111R. Would be great to get 50 to 100 111R's out on this track. www.morosomotorsportspark.com

Ferrari is at this track every February for 1 week, it's a great event. We (111R's) belong there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Moroso

Now that I have the LOTUS, and this track is in my back yard I'm going to get my competition license @ this track. At 44 who says you can't teach an old DOG new tricks.

MASTER

·
Registered
24 Posts
elise in miami

Someone here in my building on Brickell Avenue parks their saffron yellow in the garage for my daily amusement. I often find myself guiltily ogling it and peering inside, hoping not to get busted with envy. Could be the SY of which you speak, the only one I've seen in Miami. Will have to keep a lookout for the ardent - I saw one in Ardent with LSS at The Collection a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tomas: hey, it's Cassio, we ran into each other last night. I just registered and was about to start a new thread when I read yours.

Eddie Diaz, the salesman I was assigned to at the Collection said that they have made three deliveries to customers so far, so their allocation is apparently very low (and their list is growing). We DEFINITELY need to get some track time once more Elises start cropping up, although I think that it will take until end of the year for this to happen (happily this coincides with the delivery date for your chrome orange one :D)

I'm sure that there will be a good number of these in Miami and getting a good group together will not be too difficult. We should start a local Miami/Ft. Lauderdale though to get all of the Elises hooked up in the meantime. Cheers.

Cassio

PS: thewreck: do you mean Mellon Fin. Centre? that's me. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey cassio glad you made it to the boards.

That sounds sweet to set up an event at Morrosso or Homestead for the Southeast Region. Hopefully more Elises keep croppin up in South Florida so we can do something like that. I am sure we can get a good group by the end of the year to set up an event.
:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
cassio

yup, that's my building and that's yer saffron. just this afternoon i was ogling it with my boss, on his way out to attend a porsche experience driving camp in alabama. he drives a 996 turbo, yet after taking a look at the elise i could detect more than a trace of jealousy.

i think there will be plenty of elises down here before long, as miami is perfect for these kind of cars from a weather and attitude perspective. fortunately there will be fewer elises than ferrari 360s - looking forward to prime space at the shore club valet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts