The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that the Elise has a weird starting system that may require a "valet info card".

Is it true that you have to click the fob (each time) then turn & hold the key to "Start" with one hand, while pressing the Start button with the other? That would be lame. What other car requires two free hands to start? Between that, the key fob, and the reverse-lock, the poor valet will need a little chalk-talk before getting the keys.

Say it isn't so.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ground,

It isn't so.

The start process. Press large button on fob to open doors, if the red dashlight is blinking when you get in the car, press large button again (depends on how you have your alarm set). Put key in. Turn key, listen until the buzz of the fuel pump stops. Press the ignition button.

It does come with a valet key but to be honest I didn't pay any attention to how to use as hell will freeze over before a valet parks this car!:)

No fuss no muss. After the first two times, you won't even think about it.

Chris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Ground Loop said:
the poor valet will need a little chalk-talk before getting the keys.
Valet? Valet??? I don't need no stiinkiin valet!!!

No valet will ever drive my car. I'm not even going to be happy about letting the guy at the inspection station drive it into the bay.

Actually I now have a good inspection place that knows me - last time I took a car in, he asked if the brakes were good. I said "Yep, re-did them about 5,000 miles ago". He filled out the form and stuck the sticker on the windshield...;)

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Speaking of vallet's...I'm with you on not letting vallet's drive the car, but I've had issues in the past with them not letting me park my car in the valet lot (so that it's observed and safer), something about them having to park the car! Whatever.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
babak said:
Speaking of vallet's...I'm with you on not letting vallet's drive the car, but I've had issues in the past with them not letting me park my car in the valet lot (so that it's observed and safer), something about them having to park the car! Whatever.
I would find somewhere else to eat if that was the case. I would think that if you talked to the manager when you made the reservation you could make arrangements to park it yourself in the valet lot and tip the valet $5 for not touching it:)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris! I'm relieved to hear that there's nothing bizzare or contortionist about starting. Sounds normal to me.

As for valet, it's the sad fact that many restaurants here have Valet Only parking, since they have so little space and need to double-park everything. The Self Parking lot is four blocks down, in some unlit $10/night ACE lot.

I'm not thrilled about it, but a night on the town will likely mean some kid doing the parking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts